Commis I - Hot kicthen
Full job details
To be part of this team and the phenomenal growth of Dubai, we are looking for experienced Commis I - Hot Kitchen who has a reputation for great customer service
Millennium and Copthorne Airport Hotels are located a short drive from Dubai International Airport and its proximity dictates the fast paced operation with over 1,000 arrivals and departures on a daily basis. However nestled within the complex is our resort style pool and landscaped gardens, proving a peaceful place for our leisure travelers and business guests to unwind after a long day.
We have been constantly evolving over the last 2 decades, along with the city of Dubai. We pioneered the Italian Restaurant scene with Da Vinci’s Restaurant, and Biggles British Pub endures as one of the city’s favourite watering holes. We opened a wing exclusively dedicated to Emirates Airlines lay-over passengers. We have recently added 225 more guest rooms, and are anticipating our 3 new food and beverage outlets, Executive Club Lounge and banqueting facilities to come on line in the near future too.
To date both Hotels complexion compasses 942 Rooms and Suites across two properties, 6 food and beverage outlets, 24hr room service, 2 business centres, and a Resort Style pool and gardens.
- Assist in proper handling of food, equipment and utensils
- Help to set up daily mesi-en-place
- Assists Chef de Partie with food requisition to ensure sufficient stock but no wastage
- Help ensures attractive display of food items or where required
- Assist to cleans and maintains his working place, store, equipment and utensils
- Assist in checking mise-en-place in all areas of the kitchen. Mise-en-place has to be ready 30 minutes before a meal service
- Assist in checking the kitchen before service begins: All sauces stand by and if required in bain- marie, everything neat and tidy cooks in proper uniform
- Assists and participates in meal service
- Follows and enforces the hygiene and safety procedures and operation of kitchen
- Must be able to know and follow the restaurants food safety procedures and operation and kitchen
- Cooperates and help delegate work properly and in fair manner. These are essential for the smooth operations of the kitchen
- Help in general cleaning. Re-organizes refrigerators, re-organizes section for next meal service
- Minimizes wastage Supports the executive chef , sous chef, line chefs as well as other kitchen employees in food production
- Assists kitchen staff in maintaining high cuisine standards for function clients as well as delegates
- Assists the line chefs in the production of different foods for example vegetables, meats and pastries
- Assists the head chef in ensuring that food is prepared and served to the clients on time
- Assists the executive chef in ensuring that health and safety standards are upheld in the kitchen
- Helps the executive chef in the development of menus
- Assists other junior kitchen staff in ensuring that the restaurant is keep clean at all times
- Assists the head chef in making requisitions for food
- Assists the kitchen staff in storing all food that is left over
- Candidate must possess at least a Vocational Diploma / Short Course Certificate, Hospitality/Tourism/Hotel Management or equivalent.
- Applicants must be willing to work in Dubai, UAE
- Preferably 1-4 Yrs Experienced Employees specializing in Hotel Management/Tourism Services or equivalent.