Housekeeping Desk Coordinator
Full job details
Welcome to our World
Our Vision at Millennium & Copthorne Middle East and Africa is to be the preferred hotel company for our guests, colleagues, and owners while achieving exceptional growth.
We have an Ambition to operate 100 preferred hotels by year 2020.
Millennium and Copthorne Airport Hotels are located a short drive from Dubai International Airport and its proximity dictates the fast paced operation with over 1,000 arrivals and departures on a daily basis. However nestled within the complex is our resort style pool and landscaped gardens, proving a peaceful place for our leisure travelers and business guests to unwind after a long day.
We have been constantly evolving over the last 2 decades, along with the city of Dubai. We pioneered the Italian Restaurant scene with Da Vinci’s Restaurant, and Biggles British Pub endures as one of the city’s favorite watering holes. We opened a wing exclusively dedicated to Emirates Airlines lay-over passengers. We have recently added 225 more guest rooms, and are anticipating our 3 new food and beverage outlets and banqueting facilities to come on line in the near future.
To date both Hotels complexion compasses 942 Rooms and Suites across two properties, 6 food and beverage outlets, 24hr room service, 2 business centers, and a Resort Style pool and gardens.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- To conduct departmental opening up / closing down procedures according to shift allocation.
- To ensure that all Bedrooms are covered for that day.
- Answer the Telephone in a courteous and efficient manner, as per Hotel standards.
- Record all incoming calls, requests, tasks and incidents on the log sheet and ensure that they are followed up.
- To make sure that all guest requests are carried out to the Hotel standards.
- To monitor the movements of the bedrooms throughout the day making sure that the Team Leaders know which rooms are or have special requests for them.
- To regularly hand back ready rooms to reception to ensure that no guests are waiting for rooms.
- To ensure any or special requirements are provided and are ready for guests on arrival.
- To liaise with reception to ensure all VIP or special requirements are followed through, and that the appropriate rooms are ready for guests on arrival.
- To monitor and check out of order rooms in the computer and ensure that the reason why they are out of order is known.
- Ensure that all discrepancy rooms are monitored, checked and rectified in the computer on an ongoing basis and that the status of all rooms is up dated at all times.
- Maintains guestroom history files.
- Establishes and maintains a filing system and keep updated files for management information, purchasing system.
- Assists the department with inventory and ordering of supplies
- To place order with the purchasing department and to make sure that stocks are to the correct levels.
- To carry out the laundry end of month reports
- To Post all the laundry guests bills and items purchased from the store
- To prepare and monitor the sickness record.
- To assist in the administrate employee vacation / leave or request days off.
- Prepares attendance records.
- Diploma in Hotel Management
- One (1) year experience in Administrative support
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications
- Excellent communications skills
- Able to multi-task and work under pressure
- Organized and highly detailed