Sales Manager - Corporate (Arabic Speaking)
Full job details
Welcome to our World
Our Vision at Millennium & Copthorne Middle East and Africa is to be the preferred hotel company for our guests, colleagues, and owners while achieving exceptional growth.
We have an Ambition to operate 100 preferred hotels by year 2020.
Millennium and Copthorne Airport Hotels are located a short drive from Dubai International Airport and its proximity dictates the fast paced operation with over 1,000 arrivals and departures on a daily basis. However nestled within the complex is our resort style pool and landscaped gardens, proving a peaceful place for our leisure travelers and business guests to unwind after a long day.
We have been constantly evolving over the last 2 decades, along with the city of Dubai. We pioneered the Italian Restaurant scene with Da Vinci’s Restaurant, and Biggles British Pub endures as one of the city’s favorite watering holes. We opened a wing exclusively dedicated to Emirates Airlines lay-over passengers. We have recently added 225 more guest rooms, and are anticipating our 3 new food and beverage outlets and banqueting facilities to come on line in the near future.
To date both Hotels complexion compasses 942 Rooms and Suites across two properties, 6 food and beverage outlets, 24hr room service, 2 business centers, and a Resort Style pool and gardens.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Determines annual unit and gross-profit plans by implementing marketing strategies; analyzing trends and results.
- Establishes sales objectives by forecasting and developing annual sales quotas for regions and territories; projecting expected sales volume and profit for existing and new products.
- Implements national sales programs by developing field sales action plans.
- Maintains sales volume, product mix, and selling price by keeping current with supply and demand, changing trends, economic indicators, and competitors.
- Establishes and adjusts selling prices by monitoring costs, competition, and supply and demand.
- Completes national sales operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Maintains national sales staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintains national sales staff job results by counseling and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Responsible for obtaining profitable results through the sales team by developing the team through motivation, counselling, skills development and product knowledge development.
- Manage the sales administration function, operational performance reporting, streamlining processes and systems wherever possible, and advising senior management on maximising business relationships and creating an environment where customer service can flourish.
- Responsible for managing the sales team, developing a business plan covering sales, revenue, and expense controls, meeting agreed targets, and promoting the organisation’s presence throughout Australia.
- Assist in the development of the annual marketing plan, specifically advising on: realistic forecasts for each product and territory (based on historical data, market trends, competitive activity, promotional strategy and sales effort), realistic costs of operating the sales force; and sales promotion programme plans.
- Ensure that all sales representative activities are in accordance with the guidelines of the Medicine Australia’s Code of Conduct.
- Responsible for the planning, recruitment, direction, organisation and control of sales managers and sales representatives to accomplish specific objectives.
- Responsible for monitoring the performance of the sales team by establishing a system of reports and communications involving sales reports, cyclical sales meetings, sales newsletters and electronic bulletins.
- Plan and implement a specific appraisal system that describes the responsibilities and performance standards for each member of the sales team, set individual territory sales and commission targets and administer the commission plan.
- Personally observe the performance of medical representatives in the field on a regular basis.
- Provide high standards of ongoing training for the medical representatives so that they possess sufficient medical and technical knowledge to present information on the company’s products in an accurate and balanced manner.
Skills, interests and qualities
- Excellent sales and negotiation skills
- Good business sense
- The ability to motivate and lead a team
- Coaching and mentoring skills
- Initiative and enthusiasm
- Excellent communication and 'people skills'
- Good planning and organizational skills
- The ability to work calmly under pressure
- Good IT, budget and report writing skills.