CDP - Hot Kitchen
Full job details
Welcome to our World
Our Vision at Millennium & Copthorne Middle East and Africa is to be the preferred hotel company for our guests, colleagues, and owners while achieving exceptional growth.
We have an Ambition to operate 100 preferred hotels by year 2020.
Millennium and Copthorne Airport Hotels are located a short drive from Dubai International Airport and its proximity dictates the fast paced operation with over 1,000 arrivals and departures on a daily basis. However nestled within the complex is our resort style pool and landscaped gardens, proving a peaceful place for our leisure travelers and business guests to unwind after a long day.
We have been constantly evolving over the last 2 decades, along with the city of Dubai. We pioneered the Italian Restaurant scene with Da Vinci’s Restaurant, and Biggles British Pub endures as one of the city’s favorite watering holes. We opened a wing exclusively dedicated to Emirates Airlines lay-over passengers. We have recently added 225 more guest rooms, and are anticipating our 3 new food and beverage outlets and banqueting facilities to come on line in the near future.
To date both Hotels complexion compasses 942 Rooms and Suites across two properties, 6 food and beverage outlets, 24hr room service, 2 business centers, and a Resort Style pool and gardens.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that all food production achieved on a satisfactory level or beyond the company brand standard
- Working effectively with all kitchen staff to ensure a high level of customer service standards
- Demonstrate and practice high working hygiene and safety in the kitchen
- Exercise cost control in minimizing wastage and spoilage of our resources
- Prepare the daily mis-en-place and food production in different sections of the main kitchen or satellites
- Ensure the highest standards and consistent quality in the daily preparation and keep up to date with the new products, recipes and preparation techniques
- Instruct and lead subordinates through their daily requirements in food
- preparation and actively take part in set up and supervising of buffets and special functions
- Coordinate and participate with other sections of requirements, cleanliness, wastage and cost control
- Consult and check on daily requirements, functions and last minute events
- Guide and train the subordinates on a daily basis to ensure high motivation and economical working environment
- Must have a professional kitchen apprenticeship or chefs training course and previous experiences in quality establishments along with good culinary skills.
- Food preparation, presentation and preservation knowledge is an essential.
- Positively spirited, passionate about food and committed to work together with
- the service team to deliver an amazing guest experiences every time.
- Creative and dedicated team player with the ability to work in a multiculture environment and under difficult condition while possessing following additional competencies:
- Understanding Hotel Operations
- Supervising People
- Customer Focus