AV/IT Duty Engineer
The Engineer responsible to carry out operation & PPM for all the AV related equipment in line with Novotel service standards and achieve guest satisfaction. The role includes key responsibilities such as:
• Assist the Engineering Supervisor in maintenance and care of all AV equipment.
• Responsible for the business centre and engineering works this includes but not limited to:
• Maintaining and operating Audio visual equipment (LCD projectors, microphone, amplifier, mixer, document camera video conferencing)
• To set up and check equipment for Banquets function based on daily issue of function sheets including removal and storage.
• Inspects all function room daily and breakouts area, ladies and gents toilet, ensuring all lights, A/C and services are defect free. Repairs or replaces lamps immediately.
• Servicing of interactive TV system for guest rooms and public areas
• Upload files to the video player as per the guidelines
• Servicing/maintenance of hotel BGM system
• Assist the engineering team in all electronic related tasks and issues to resolve timely
• Work according to the business needs based on the meeting room occupancy timings
• To have a flexibility to work in split shift if necessary or requested by the superior.
IT Duty Responsibilities
• Provide support to all users in the admin offices and also provide guest to all rooms either single handedly or with the help of the Hotel IT Manager/Regional Office Contacts.
• Manage PC setup and deployment for new employees in the admin offices using standard hardware, images and software.
• Installation, configuration, upgrades, performance monitoring, and troubleshooting of computer systems and server applications while strictly adhering to the Regional Accor IT standards.
• Troubleshoot software, hardware and network problems, undertake repairs for the entire Hotel IT Setup.
• Coordinate with suppliers for sourcing/repairing of hardware.
• Handle all IT request forms.
• Utilize and maintain the helpdesk tracking QMS software.
• Document internal procedures.
• Maintain inventory of all IT equipment, software and software licenses.
• Report issues to the IT Manager for escalation after First Level Support.
• Preparation of Daily/ Monthly / Yearly Reports.
• Perform timely workstation hardware and software upgrades as and when required.
• Perform any other IT duties as and when designated by the IT Manager.
• Report status of I.T. related issues to IT Manager
• Performs basic troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose common problems of Interactive TV and telephone System (PBX)
• Ability to conduct basic network troubleshooting (in particular; LAN’s), including knowledge of standard network cabling
• Liaise with vendors when required
Level of Education
Bachelor / Licence Areas of study Technical & Maintenance Professional experiences
3 to 5 years Languages essential
English (Primary tongue) Essential and optional requirements
• Bachelor’s Degree in AV/Electronics & IT Related Sciences.
• Excellent command in English (Spoken, Technical Reading and Writing)
• Experienced in supporting HP Laptops, PC, Printer, HP Network Support & Cabling, Telephone Cabling and PABX System Knowledge.
• Extensive knowledge in Microsoft Systems, Hospitality IT Applications (Opera, Micros, FMC, SUN & Oasys), Network Troubleshooting.
• Good troubleshooting skill, high level of service mind, and good interpersonal skills
• Ability to work both independently and team work under pressure and strict time guidelines.
• 3 years of relevant Hotel Technical Experience.
The ideal candidate will be a hands-on professional with a solid Technical Knowledge And the passion for quality and excellence. Outgoing, creative and eager to share the desire to deliver Novotel service standards and ACCOR values with guests and associates.