Guest Service Representative
Norwegians have more fun at work!
Norwegian Cruise Line is the innovator in cruise travel with a 49-year history of breaking the boundaries of traditional cruising, most notably with the introduction of Freestyle Cruising which revolutionized the industry by giving guests more freedom and flexibility. Today, Norwegian invites guests to “Cruise Like a Norwegian” on one of 13 purpose-built Freestyle Cruising ships, providing guests the opportunity to enjoy a relaxed, resort style cruise vacation on some of the newest and most contemporary ships at sea. Recently, the line was named “Europe’s Leading Cruise Line” for the sixth consecutive year, as well as “Caribbean’s Leading Cruise Line” and “World’s Leading Large Ship Cruise Line” by the World Travel Awards.
Come join our team!
Job Summary and Essential Job Functions:
The Guest Service Representative is responsible for providing a variety of services and giving accurate, consistent information to guests in an efficient and courteous manner while maintaining a pleasant and accommodating personality. In order to consistently exceed guest expectations and provide the highest levels of product and services, additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
- Responsible for answering the emergency telephone line and taking appropriate, immediate action as necessary.
- andles guest requests in an effective way by taking ownership of the request then following-up until the matter is finalized to the guests’ satisfaction.
- Fully familiar with the Guest Recovery program and empowered to utilize as needed.
- Maintains a cash float for giving change and cashing traveler checks for guests.
- Takes care of lost and found items and related documentation.
- Records significant guest related issues in the daily logbook for shared knowledge and follow-up.
- Functions as shift leader if Guest Service Supervisor is not on duty.
- Responsible for training of new staff and ensuring everybody operates in an effective and efficient manner.
- Answering internal and external telephone calls through the switchboard, taking messages and forwarding them on to the appropriate person.
- Makes public address announcements as needed.
- Can be given the responsibility for special duties such as Lost & Found, Office Supplies, and Post Cards.
- Can perform administrative duties in the capacity of assistant to the Concierge that includes manning the Concierge Lounge hospitality desk, following through on regular suite requests, making reservations, contacting guests, etc.
- Can perform administrative duties to assist in ship’s clearance, BAGS program etc.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
- Two-year Associates degree or equivalent in Hotel Management and/or Guest Relations from a recognized hotel institution.
- Must have at least six months experience in a similar role for a Hotel/Hospitality establishment or in a Guest Service related position on board ships.
- Intermediate to Advanced verbal and written level of English is required.
- Intermediate to Advanced verbal and written level in at least one other language such as German, Spanish, French or Italian is preferred.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Fidelio is strongly preferred.
- While performing the essential functions of this job, all team members are required to stand; walk long distances on the ship; use hands to touch, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk, hear, taste and smell. All vessel positions require repetitive motion of bending, climbing, going up and down stairs and lifting more than 25 pounds. This job requires specific vision abilities to include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- All team members must be physically able to participate in emergency life saving procedures and drills. All vessel positions require full use and range of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal and hearing abilities to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency including the lowering of lifeboats.
- Work within different temperature changes—indoors to outdoors.
- Able to pass basic safety course.
- This is a minimal description of duties. Other work requirements may be necessary and assigned as business or maritime law dictates.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
It is Norwegian Cruise Line's policy not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and marital or veteran status. EOE