Food & Beverage Director
Come join our team!
The Food & Beverage Director's primary responsibility is the management of all shipboard food and beverage operations for either Norwegian Cruise Line, to ensure that the line's high standards are achieved and maintained within budgetary limitations.
This includes all practices, procedures, training and guest satisfaction levels. A procedural approach to managing the entire onboard food and beverage department must be employed, utilizing modern management principles as well as incorporating technological innovations where practical in order to deliver top quality guest service.
In order to consistently exceed guest expectations and provide the highest levels of product and services, additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
- Must be able to manage, organize, direct and supervise up to 10 restaurants with different concepts, 14 bars and lounges, 10 production and finishing galleys, the sanitation and provision departments.
- Needs to provide efficient leadership for a management team comprised of 1 Assistant F&B Director/Assistant F&B Manager, 1 Director of Outlets/Restaurant Manager, 9 Restaurant Managers or 2 Maitre ‘ds, 5 Assistant Restaurant Manager or 8 Assistant Maitre ‘ds, 1 Bar Manager, 1 Assistant Bar Manager, 1 Executive Chef, 4 Executive Sous Chefs, 16 Sous Chefs/Chef Tournants and 1 Provision Master,
- Must be able to efficiently manage a team comprised of more than 500 food & beverage personnel.
- Needs to successfully manage an operating budget of over $10,000,000 annually that includes wages, overtime, travel, uniforms, cost of sales, food cost and operating equipment cost.
- Minimum of five years experience as a Food & Beverage Director in a large cruise ship or multi-venue, high volume, luxury hotel or resort is required.
- Advanced level English verbal and writing skills, including the proper use of English grammar.
- Intermediate to Advanced skills in typing and computer software skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Fidelio, AS400, Micros).
- Six months experience in budgeting, financial forecasting, or reporting is required.
Bachelors degree or foreign equivalency is required.
- Proactive, Team Player, Problem Solver
- Passionate about hospitality and customer service driven
- Must have a professional appearance and good hygiene
- Respect for all co-workers and guests
- Pride in your work by creating positive energy, excitement and fun
- Able to work 7 days a week
- Demonstrate positive behaviors; smiling, being polite and courteous
- Able to develop a camaraderie with team members
- Ability to live in close quarters, share limited space with other cabin-mates
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
It is Norwegian Cruise Line's policy not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and marital or veteran status. EOE.