Fleet Beverage Manager
Come join our team!POSITION SUMMARY
A corporate extension of the Corporate Manager of Beverage Operations, working ship board and in close communication with the shore side corporate team, assist with the training and development of shipboard Food and Beverage Team members. Responsible to deploy Corporate training programs and initiatives to the fleet ensuring that all standards are met and systems are in place to measure operational and financial success as well oversees and assist with the Beverage management team schedule base of guidelines established by the corporate office and Collective Bargaining Agreement. Working closely with Ship, Food and Beverage teams this position ensures that all Beverage Operating Standards and Standard Training Practices are being executed. Ensures that revenues and costs are achieved and maintained within the targets established by the company Works closely with Fleet Personnel to identify, develop and mentor current stars for future leadership roles. Reporting directly to the Regional VP, Hotel Operations with "dotted line" reporting to the Corporate Manager of Beverage Operations
In order to consistently exceed guest expectations and provide the highest levels of product and services, additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
- Position reports to Regional VP of Hotel Operation with a dotted line to Corporate Mgr Beverage Operations and he/she has direct management responsibilities for onboard Beverage Mgmt.
- Assist the corporate beverage developing team to prepare policies and standard procedures, implement those procedures as well effective training with the beverage management and beverage teams.
- Recommends changes In regards of standard policies to the Regional VP and Corporate Manager of Beverage Operations when adjustments are necessary, and work closely with the Regional VP when operational changes are required.
- Monitors procedure to ensure that guest complaints are handled in accordance with company policy and followed up and handled by onboard mgmt.
- Meets with shipboard Food and Beverage Management to discuss the objectives of his/her visit, progress observed and results achieved.
- Keeps the Regional VP and the Corporate Manager of Beverage Operations informed of any beverage related matters. Also works with corporate rollout of all fleet-wide training. Work with corporate public relations, marketing, and advertising to rollout all promotional products to the fleet ensuring adherence to corporate branding standards.
- Monitor the ship recommendations for the succession planning and provide suggestions to the Regional VP Hotel Ops. The incumbent must be able to work in a multi-cultural environment; also, must be able to adjust to changes in schedules, assignments and deadlines.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION AND ATTRIBUTES
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in a cruise ship and/or shoreside beverage management related positions is required.
- Intermediate to Advanced level English verbal and writing skills, including the proper use of English grammar is required.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience with maintaining bar inventories is required.
- Bachelors Degree in Hotel Management (or relevant discipline) or foreign equivalent is required. Related experience and/or training may substitute for this educational requirement at an equivalent.
- Position-specific STCW training from an accredited educational institution is required.
- Current records of continuous education in beverage courses and seminars from industry recognized organization/institution or similar is required.
- Ability to travel extensively.
- Thorough knowledge of spirits, wine and beverage trends.
- Thorough knowledge of purchasing systems, records and procedures and equipment.
- Effective planner, implementer and problem solver.
- Knowledge of quality control standards and practices.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of company and personnel related issues.
- Ability to plan, organize and complete work in accordance with time deadlines.
- Ability to supervise, train and evaluate work staff.
- Ability to work under pressure and handle stress.
- Passionate about hospitality and customer service driven
- Must have a professional appearance and good hygiene
- Respect for all co-workers and guests
- Pride in your work by creating positive energy, excitement and fun
- Able to work 7 days a week
- Demonstrate positive behaviors; smiling, being polite and courteous
- Able to develop a camaraderie with team members
- Ability to live in close quarters, share limited space with other cabin-mates
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
It is Norwegian Cruise Line Holding's policy not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and marital or veteran status. EOE.