MH - Pride of America - Assistant Cook
GROW YOUR CAREER WITH US
At Norwegian Cruise Line, we know our future success depends on our ability to attract and retain the very best talent. We are seeking individuals that are passionate about hospitality and being their personal best. We are a dedicated, passionate team, all driven by the spirit of determination and innovation and as you learn more about our company, we think you will agree that there is no better time than now to become a member of the Norwegian Cruise Line family. www.ncl.com
ABOUT NORWEGIAN CRUISE LINE
Norwegian Cruise Line is the innovator in cruise travel with a 50-year history of breaking the boundaries of traditional cruising, most notably with the introduction of Freestyle Cruising which revolutionized the industry by giving guests more freedom and flexibility to design their ideal cruise vacation. Norwegian operates a total of 14 purpose-built Freestyle Cruising ships, providing guests the opportunity to enjoy a relaxed, resort style cruise vacation on some of the newest and most contemporary ships at sea. Recently, the line was named “World’s Leading Large Ship Cruise Line" for the fourth consecutive year by the World Travel Awards. In the summer of 2017, we will launch our 15th ship, Norwegian Joy, sailing exclusively in China; https://www.ncl.com/norwegian-joy
- Ensures all food is prepared fresh and is of the highest quality
- Strictly adheres to all recipes, methods and instructions from supervisor
- Reports to work on-time and in a clean uniform
- Maintains an organized and efficient flow of production, with regards to changes in forecasts and menus
- Responsible for mise-en-place, and food service for station
- Consistently checks temperatures in foods and follows proper procedures in regards to chilling, re-heating, and holding food.
- Reports waste to supervisors on a daily basis
- Checks station upon arrival to determine status of outstanding safety, or equipment issues
- Checks station prior to leaving to ensure cleanliness, proper disposal/removal of food, and proper storing and labeling
- Maintains USPH/FDA standards for station
- Performs other related duties as assigned or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
- Must be familiar with the Safety and Environmental Protection Policy and the SEMS, and carry out the policies and procedures appropriate for his/her position.
IMPORTANT REQUIREMENT FOR ALL APPLICANTS:
• You must have a GED or High School Diploma
• You must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. and qualify for a U.S. Coast Guard Merchant Mariner Credential (MMC) as well as a Transportation Workers Identification Credential (TWIC).
• In order to qualify for an MMC you must:
• Be at least 18 years of age
• Be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident Alien
• Pass Physical Exam/Drug Screen
• Have a Reasonably Clear Background
If you’re interested to be considered for this position, please click the blue APPLY button at the top of the page to get started.
THE NORWEGIAN FAMILY OF BRANDS
Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd. is a diversified cruise operator of leading global cruise lines spanning market segments from contemporary to luxury under the brands Norwegian Cruise Line®, Oceania Cruises® and Regent Seven Seas Cruises®.
GET SOCIAL WITH US!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
It is Norwegian Cruise Line's policy not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, and marital or veteran status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.