Full job details
What will it be like to work for this Hilton Worldwide Brand?
In exceptional destinations around the globe, Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts reflect the culture and history of their extraordinary locations, as well as fresh, modern expressions of Waldorf Astoria's rich legacy. Waldorf Astoria provides guests the exceptional environment and the personalized attention of true Waldorf service that creates a singular experience.
If you understand the value personalized attention and know how to treat even the most extraordinarily different experiences with the same rich level of customer service, you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Team Member with Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts. Because it’s with Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts where we promise our Guests a single rich, experience at every extraordinary place they visit.
What will I be doing?
As an AV Technician, you are responsible for setting up audio, video, and lighting that meet requirements to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience. An AV Technician would also be required to troubleshoot technical issues and provide solutions to meet guest requirements. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Operating & maintenance of in-house Background music system of the hotel
- Operating & maintenance of IPTV system
- Installation of all types of Audio/Visual & Projection Equipment in Banqueting & Restaurants area
- Providing Video & DVD Players on demand for guest rooms
- Operating all Kinds of Audio Visual system in Banquet function area and Beach Function.
- Responsible to set up the Audio-Visual equipment for events in the hotel and provide technical assistance for the banquet facilities and rooms
- Setting up and testing of AV equipment for banquet functions based on daily issue of function sheets, including removal and storage
- Carry out work as assigned in order to ensure the correct and functional set up of all functions
- Operate equipment for functions as when required
- Ensure on a monthly basis that an inventory is conducted for all equipment used for banquets
- Ensure that all outgoing and incoming equipment which have been requested for banquets outside catering are logged daily
- Carry out assignments on the 'Preventive Maintenance Program of AV equipment
- Cooperate and provide assistance with other Engineering colleagues whenever necessary and available
- Maintain cleanliness and orderliness inside AV control room and AV storage room
- Inspect all function room daily and breakouts area, ensuring all lights, A/C and services are defect free and repair or replace lamps immediately
- Carry out any work requested by Superiors
- Very good knowledge in GRMS system
- Attend BEO meetings if required
What are we looking for?
An AV Technician serving Hilton Worldwide Brand hotels and vacations are always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
Knowledge and experience of computer-based programs and the installation of IT equipment
Good communication skills
Committed to delivering high levels of customer service
Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations
Ability to work on your own or in teams
Good physical condition, able to lift heavy loads, able to walk and stand for extended periods of time
Able to read and interpret MEP and Architectural drawings
Able to make rough estimates on materials and labour for tasks
Able to use general tools and equipment required for building repairs and maintenance
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
Previous experience in similar role in the hotel/leisure/retail sector
Knowledge of Video Conferencing, trussing, and rigging
Diploma or Certificate in Audio & Visual or related
Your benefits will include a competitive starting salary and holiday entitlement. As an employee you will become a member of The Hilton Club which provides reduced hotel room rates in our hotels worldwide, plus discounts on products and services offered by Hilton Worldwide and its partners. We look forward to explaining in detail the range of excellent benefits that you would expect from a global hotel organization like Hilton Worldwide. We look forward to explaining in detail the range of excellent benefits that you would expect from a global hotel organization like Hilton Worldwide.
Learn more now about Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts --- offering the opportunity to visit extraordinary places with one singular experience.
Numerous landmark hotels around the world
More hotels in construction
Offering world-class spas
Gorgeous golfing destinations