Assistant Chief Engineer
Full job details
An Assistant Chief Engineer with Hilton Hotels and Resorts is responsible for all maintenance issues within the hotel, and delivering an excellent Guest and Team Member experience while performing daily checks, repairing equipment, and coordinating renovation projects.
What will it be like to work for this Hilton Worldwide Brand?
In exceptional destinations around the globe, Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts reflect the culture and history of their extraordinary locations, as well as fresh, modern expressions of Waldorf Astoria's rich legacy. Waldorf Astoria provides guests the exceptional environment and the personalized attention of true Waldorf service that creates a singular experience.
If you understand the value personalized attention and know how to treat even the most extraordinarily different experiences with the same rich level of customer service, you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Team Member with Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts. Because it’s with Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts where we promise our Guests a single rich, experience at every extraordinary place they visit.
What will I be doing?
Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Assist the Chief Engineer in overseeing the functionality and safety of the facility, including, but not limited to, physical buildings, mechanical equipment, electrical systems, heating and cooling systems, life safety systems and grounds according to federal, state and local regulations
- Assign, verify and document completion of all routine maintenance and repairs in the property maintenance
- Assist in ensuring all required documentation is in place and maintained for any energy management, conservation
and preventive maintenance programs
- Direct daily department operations including, but not limited to, guest service standards and initiatives, product quality, inventory management and cost controls, systems use and management, and adherence to federal, state and local standards.
- Assist in monitoring and developing team member performance, to include, but not limited to, providing supervision
and professional development, conducting counseling and evaluations and delivering recognition and reward
- Perform daily checks around the hotel
- Diagnose, maintain, and repair mechanical equipment within the hotel
- Ensure good relationships are built with internal and external customers
- Assist in ensuring all required training is carried out within the department
- Maintenance of all hotel fixtures and fittings to ensure they are in safe condition and take action when any unsafe situations arise
What are we looking for?
To successfully fill this role you should be able to demonstrate the attitude, behaviours, skills and values that follow:
- Diploma from community college with emphasis on building maintenance
- Previous supervisory experience within an Engineering context
- Positive attitude and excellent communication skills
- Flexible schedule
- Good command of Written and Oral English
- Sound knowledge of MS Word & Excel
- Experience of working with an energy management system
- Experience in managing a team It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Supervisory experience within the Hotel/leisure industry
- Certificate of qualification in electrical, plumbing or refrigeration.What benefits will I receive?
Your benefits will include a competitive starting salary and holiday entitlement. As an employee you will become a member of the The Hilton Club which provides reduced hotel room rates in our hotels worldwide, plus discounts on products and services offered by Hilton Worldwide and its partners. We look forward to explaining in detail the range of excellent benefits that you would expect from a global hotel organization like Hilton Worldwide.
Learn more now about Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts --- offering the opportunity to visit extraordinary places with one singular experience.
Numerous landmark hotels around the world
More hotels in construction
Offering world-class spas
Gorgeous golfing destinations