An Executive Housekeeper is responsible for overseeing all housekeeping operations to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience while evaluating guest satisfaction and setting department targets and objectives.
What will I be doing?
As an Executive Housekeeper, you are responsible for overseeing all housekeeping/Laundry operations to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience. An Executive Housekeeper/Housekeeping Manager will also be required to evaluate guest satisfaction and set department targets and objectives. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Oversee housekeeping operations
- Oversee Laundry Operations
- Evaluate Guest satisfaction levels and monitor trends with a focus on continuous improvement
- Operate within departmental budgets through effective stock and cost controls and well managed schedules
- Set departmental targets and objectives, work schedules, budgets, and policies and procedures
- Inspect, regularly, all fixtures, fittings, and appliances to ensure compliance to standards and take action as necessary to conform to standard
- Monitor the appearance, standards and performance of the Housekeeping/Laundry Team with an emphasis on training and teamwork
- Ensure team members have an up-to-date knowledge of all room categories and amenities
- Maintain good communication and work relationships in all hotel areas and with external customers and suppliers
- Ensure staffing levels cover business demands
- Ensure ongoing training
- Ensure communication meetings are conducted and post-meeting minutes generated
- Manage staff performance issues in compliance with company policies and procedures
- Recruit, manage, train and develop the Housekeeping/Laundry team
- Competent in property management systems
- Assist other departments wherever necessary
What are we looking for?
An Executive Housekeeper serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Housekeeping/laundry experience in the hotel/leisure/retail sector in a managerial or supervisory capacity
- A successful track record of managing a large team
- A high school certificate or equivalent
- High level of commercial awareness and cost control capabilities
- Previous experience of managing a department and Profit and Loss account
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
- Committed to delivering high levels of customer service
- Ability to work under pressure
- IT proficiency
- Excellent grooming standards
- Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations
- Proficiency, at an intermediate level, with computers and computer programs, including Microsoft Office
- Strong organizational, budget management, and problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills
- A passion for delivering exceptional levels of guest service
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Familiar with Property Management Systems
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!