Food & Beverage Training Manager
Food & Beverage Training Manager
The primary function of the F&B Training Manager is to train and educate the F&B colleagues on F&B procedures, standards and behaviors. The Training Manager will also be involved in recruitment, the creation and update of training material, Job Task Check lists and Standard Operating Procedures. The Training Manager will work closely with the Assistant Director & Director of Food and Beverage on the F&B succession planning of the F&B Division.
Hotel Overview: Fairmont The Palm is a luxury, world-class resort located on the iconic Palm Jumeirah Island in Dubai. The hotel features 381 guest rooms and suites with dedicated Fairmont Gold rooms and lounge. A total of six food and beverage outlets on property plus 24-hour in-room dining—offer a mix of culinary and entertainment options that mirror Dubai’s cosmopolitan air including a Mediterranean and a Brazilian churrasco experience. Fairmont The Palm also features an expansive pool and beach area with a health club, Willow Stream Spa and the Fairmont Falcons Juniors’ Club.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Assistant Director, Food & Beverage, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service
- Together with Food and Beverage ‘Divisional Operations Team’ create,organize and facilitate F&B specific Leaders Training for all existing and arriving Leaders within the F&B Division.
- Conduct and track regular internal audits in order to evaluate the effectiveness of training initiatives in meeting our Colleague Engagement and business objectives in addition to providing recommendations for improvements
- Identify training needs or gaps and implement solutions to maximize results to positively impact the Food & Beverage division's productivity and performance
- Manage annual F&B training budget and submit accurate records of monthly, quarterly and annual training activities and charges
- Facilitate and/or support Corporate learning programs, including: FAME, F&B Entrepreneur, Fairmont Lifestyle Cuisine Plus, etc., serving as a positive ambassador for Fairmont Hotels & Resorts mission and values
- Assist Department Managers in the development and implementation of on-going training in addition to monthly training calendars to meet specific departmental and division wide needs
- Follow up with Leaders to ensure departmental orientation/training materials are current and Job Task Checklists are utilized for all new colleagues
- Prepare learning materials
- Working with all F&B leaders to develop and execute a uniform on-boarding process for all new colleagues to the division
- Provide Leadership support for the successful completion of performance reviews. Run reports on all outstanding performance reviews
- Support Leaders and Colleagues in the creation and follow up of Individual Development Plans
- Work closely with the Hotel Training Manager to identify and partner with external organizations that can support the Hotel's Learning strategy
- Update all training records
- Participate and assist with daily pass-ons and line up training.
- Conduct various F&B specific training courses for restaurants (i.e.Suggestive Selling, Product Training, Service Polish, Service Standards, Point of Sale/Cash Handling and Remittance training to ensure financial accuracy within food and beverage outlets).
- Participate in hotel committees
- Ensure compliance with all safety regulations of assigned tasks, and ensure a clean and safe working environment with active participation in the hotel health and safety program
- Ensure adherence of all environmental policies and programs as required
- Provide assistance to F&B colleagues according to business level
- Assist with recruitment initiatives within the division as well as other miscellaneous duties as assigned
- Minimum of 2-3 years progressive Food and Beverage leadership experience role in a large luxury hotel
- Previous experience training design and facilitation is required
- This position requires a collaborative, engaging, focused individual who understands the business needs and can translate this knowledge into highly effective training and development programs
- Passionate, energetic, creative, self-motivated individual with a high degree of professionalism
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with demonstrated confidence presenting to colleagues and management
- Must possess solid guest service, communication and presentation skills
- Must possess strong organizational and administrative skills and the ability to work with minimal supervision and direction.
- University or College education an advantage
- Experience within a Learning & Development division is preferred
Visa Requirements: Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in Dubai. We will assist successful applicants with the visa process and provide flights and accommodation
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit www.fairmontcareers.com to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!Job Level : Management / Supervisory Schedule : Full-time Shift : Day Job Closing Date : 19.Oct.2016, 4:59:00 AM Job Number: PMI01310