The Electrician operates, maintains and repairs all high/medium voltage components; distribution systems; and major electrical consumption equipment for the hotel. He will be responsible for the completion of other services or duties as requested by the Director/Assistant Director of Engineering.
Hotel Overview: Fairmont The Palm is a luxury, world-class resort located on the iconic Palm Jumeirah Island in Dubai. The hotel features 381 guest rooms and suites with dedicated Fairmont Gold rooms and lounge. A total of seven food and beverage outlets on property offer international dining options including Mediterranean cuisine and a Brazilian churrasco experience. Fairmont The Palm also features an expansive pool and beach area with a health club, Willow Stream Spa and the Fairmont Falcons Juniors’ Club.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Shift Engineer, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Ensures all work follows safe work practices and procedures
- Responds immediately to all work requests which concern Health and Safety
- Responds to guest requests promptly in a professional and courteous manner
- Operates, maintains and repairs all HV/MV related equipment
- Ensures the optimum performance of all HV/MV related equipment by effectively
following the preventive maintenance and the shift readings programs
- Evaluates and appropriately responds to equipment usage and energy efficiency
- Completes all work orders with due diligence
- Maintains a daily log book highlighting problems and solutions; and activities
- Maintain MV/LV shop drawings
- Maintain equipment catalog and tagging directories
- Actively participates in the monthly departmental meeting by providing feedback and offering suggestions for improvement
- Completes tasks as assigned by Director/Assistant Director of Engineering
- Maintains health and safety documentation and records for the assigned area
- Reports and documents potential safety hazards
- Participates as directed in the emergency response team
- Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service
- High School graduate, related technical or trades certification
- At least 2 years’ experience as a service technician, preferably in the hospitality or hospital industry
- Proficient in MV/LV repair and maintenance plus basic knowledge of one other building operations skill set
- The ability to use all general repair tools, read shop drawings and specifications, make rough estimates of required materials.
- The ability to work independently with good interpersonal skills
- A creative, practical and pro-active approach to problem solving
- An energetic and dynamic personality
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- In good health condition
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 20 lbs
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Visa Requirements: Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in Dubai. We will assist successful applicants with the visa process and provide flights and accommodation.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit www.fairmontcareers.com to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is aJob Level : Colleague Schedule : Full-time Shift : Rotating / Shift Work Closing Date : 29.Sep.2016, 4:59:00 AM Job Number: PMI01282