Painting experience includes, rolling, spraying, brushing, sheetrock finishing, plastering, wall vinyl installation and repairs. All members shall have the ability to perform all the technical skills and physical skills required such as heavy lifting, climbing stairs, ladders and fitting into confined spaces. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves, other employees or guests.
High School Diploma or equivalent
Skills and Knowledge
Able to work under pressure
Able to lift and bend
Balanced Scorecard Results: Implements strategies and executes activities to drive and continuously improve financial results, guest satisfaction, human capital index and market share
· Carry out work orders and other assignments given by the Supervisor and Engineering Manager.
· To carry out all painting/polishing and other related work.
· To maintain high quality of all maintenance work and to work very closely with senior painter/polisher.
· Maintain appearance and redecorate public and service areas, exterior of building and keeping high brand standard in all his respective areas.
· Make sure all preparatory work such as cleaning, scraping, patching cracks and filling holes are done before commencing work.
· Analyze pre-coated walls before re-painting to ensure good bonging between coats.
· Calculate areas and figure out requirements of material needed, labour expected to complete the job.
· Work as per schedule which may include late or night shifts to minimize guest interruptions, and to work very closely with other engineering staff.
· Ensure that all electrical outlet covers, switch plates and various decoration and fixtures are covered before painting.
· Ensure that all areas are thoroughly wiped free of surplus paint, paste or plaster residue.
· Ensure drop cloths are used at all times to minimize the clean up time as well as protecting the area.
· Use “Wet Paint” signs whenever painting in public areas.
· Maintain Engineering spare in a safe, clean and orderly manner.
· Carry out any requests asked of you by your immediate supervisor.
· To take active roll in the TQM process.
· To ensure that each and every job is done to a high standard and that all your work is done with quality in mind.
· To ensure that you maintain a high level of hospitality and guest concern. Practice at all times “Empowerment” and do whatever it takes to satisfy the guest.
· Your uniform should be clean at all times if you have to go to guest areas. Your uniform should be changed on a daily basis.
· Hygiene is of upmost importance, please make sure that you wash before coming to work and you practice good hygiene throughout your daily routine.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.