To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Responsible to perform timely repairs and maintenance in all laundry and Kitchen areas and projects that requires mechanical and electrical expertise.
High School Diploma or equivalent
Skills and Knowledge
Able to work under pressure
Able to lift and bend
Balanced Scorecard Results: Implements strategies and executes activities to drive and continuously improve financial results, guest satisfaction, human capital index and market share
· Maintain high standard of all engineering services required for kitchen and laundry areas..
· Attend guest complaints as well as complaints from the other departments as directed.
· Participate and ensure complete success of preventive maintenance program of meeting rooms and function room and related areas.
· Keep close track of the performance of all electro mechanical equipment within the hotel and the respective working area.
· Maintain logged records of all equipment as directed by Kitchen Supervisor.
· Do a daily walk around the kitchen and laundry area to ensure good working condition and corrective action is taken accordingly.
· Make sure that all materials needed to perform the jobs are available prior to work commencing.
· Maintain engineering area is safe, kept clean and in an orderly manner. Keep close coordination with other engineering staff for smooth operation.
· Participate in departmental meetings and training etc.
· Assist in energy conservation programme, follow up with banquet staff to save electricity and air conditioning when meetings are over.
· Comply with hotel and corporate LSOP’s and SOP’s.
· To attend all safety and fire training and adhere to safety instructions at work to prevent any accidents.
· Document all work performed and any spares used.
· Serve as an active member of hotel emergency response team.
· Carry out any requests asked of you by your immediate supervisor.
· Take active role in the TQM process.
· Your uniform should be clean at all times if you have to go to guest areas. Your uniform should be changed on a daily basis.
· Hygiene is of upmost importance, please make sure that you wash before coming to work and you practice good hygiene throughout your daily routine.
· To ensure that you maintain a high level of hospitality and guest concern. Practice at all times “Empowerment” and do whatever it takes to satisfy the guest.
· Accident prevention and safety to be aware of all existing departmental job safety analysis and to strive to work in an accident free manner and to create a safe working environment for himself and for others.
· Maintain high standard of GSS and Brand standard for guest rooms and related areas.
· To carry out other job assignments given by DOE/ Chief Engineer and Assistant Engineering Manager as business demands.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.