Responsibilities for set-up, mixing of drinks, service and clean up for catering bar functions. In so doing, is expected to direct all effort toward guest satisfaction, the achievement/maintenance of division standards, and profit maximization.
Diploma or degree in hotel management
Skills and Knowledge
Thorough beverage knowledge
Sales Person – Ability to suggest and up sell
Friendly and outgoing
Basic Computer Skills
Balanced Scorecard Results: Implements strategies and executes activities to drive and continuously improve financial results, guest satisfaction, human capital index and market share
Essential Functions· Punch in, as schedule, ready to work and according to Grooming Standards.
· Check for captain for required set up and type of service assignment.
· Have bar set up “ready to go” 15 minutes before function is schedules to start.
This involves: An adequate supply of following (to last through the duration of the function, if possible). Ice, water, mixer, all ingredients necessary for preparing drinks. Glasses, garnishes, napkin and side towel. Matches/ashtrays cigarettes.
· Perform cashier duties, if required. This involves handling tickets and cash as per Marriott International Food and Beverage SOP.
· Prepare and served drinks as per Marriott standards, policies procedures using a jigger as all times.
· Never leave your bar during a function unless properly relieved by another bartender or the captain/maitre d
· At all times the bar area should be maintained in a clean and organized condition. Practice “clean as you go”.
· After function is over and guest have left the room, breakdown and thoroughly clean the bar.
· Ensure the proper storage of liquor, fruit and equipment, all liquor to be secure.
· To comply with all local laws and regulations.
· To report issues or requirements to the supervisors.
· When requested, is ready to work as a waiter/waitress as well.
· To have a clean uniform and impeccable personal grooming in compliance with company standards.
· To be at the assigned work area, in uniform, and ready to work at the time that is scheduled.
· The waiter/waitress will be responsible for these set up, bussing and clean up of all the following table service necessities as well as the proper storage of this equipment in its proper place after use in the room (to put things in the proper place).
· All Event Operations bartenders will be required to completely familiarize himself with the location of each of the function rooms and related areas and the various workable types of set up to include the following: school style, theatre style, conference style, U-Shape, Hollow square, Hollow rectangle, Banquet style, T-Shape, E-Shape, Different types of buffet set up, Coffee Trolley.
· Set up, service, breakdown and vacuuming of all department functions to include: meetings, breakfast, lunch, dinner, receptions, banquet hall cleaners, dances/concerts, exhibits, general cleaning of all area and vacuum, outdoor catering.
· Set up and handle tables, i.e. rounds, rectangles, ovals, schoolroom etc.
· The waiter will be totally responsible for ensuring that each service piece of linen china, glass and silverware is spotless before it is placed on a table, and that each table is set up uniformly.
· Each waiter will be responsible for attending menu class before each of their designated function with the supervisor/managers in able to obtain better food and beverage knowledge.
· To introduce one’s self to the guest on one’s station and project a warm cheerful, enthusiastic desire to be of service.
· To wear a name tag as part of the proper uniform, as well as no excessive jewelry to be worn while working.
· To comply with all safety regulations and company policies as outlined in the Employee’s handbook.
· To assist customer whenever possible/
· To attend meetings when scheduled.
· Become totally familiar with how to read a Banquet Event Order (BEO) and how to set a room from that order.
· To perform all other reasonable as requested by the management.
· To ensure that all props after each function is store back in the designated area and handles with great care.
· To ensure that all bar equipments, fixture and furniture are handled with great care.
· To create a good working relationship with co-workers and maintain a courteous attitude towards the management and all the employees and guests of the hotel.
· To bring any problems that may occur or any special requests by guests to their supervisor’s attention as soon as possible.
· To provide the best possible proper service of guests of this hotel at all times.
· To practice constantly the “Clean as you go” policy to uphold the highest sanitation standards.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.