Build, install, and repair walls and partitions, including drywall, wallpaper, millwork/molding, and faux finishing. Install and repair finishes, such as laminates. Perform rough-in framing for doors, frames, windows, and cabinetry. Repair, maintain, and construct wood structures such as partitions, doors, furniture, and similar items throughout the property. Perform miscellaneous minor repairs such as tightening loose toilet seats, changing light bulbs, and patching holes in walls. Order items, including filling out requisitions, obtaining manager approval, and using appropriate vendors. Load, transport, and unload freight from elevator to designated area, using handtruck.Candidate Profile
The experience, skills and knowledge and education/certification components of the Candidate Profile should be presented as preferences rather than requirements unless an individual would not be hired for the position without these. Equivalent work experience may be substituted for years of experience.
· At least 2 years of related work experience
Skills and Knowledge
· Arithmetic Computation
· Hand-Eye Coordination
· Visual Acuity
· Detail Orientation
· Time Management
· Positive Demeanor
· Safety Orientation
· Property Knowledge
· Company Polices Knowledge
· Hand/Power Tools
· Personal Protective Equipment
· Medical Clearance
· Hazardous Materials
· Interpersonal Skills
· Team Work
· Diversity Relations
· Customer Service Orientation
Education or Certification
- High school diploma/G.E.D. equivalent
Technical Expertise (Learning and Applying Personal Expertise)
The following are specific responsibilities and contributions critical to the successful performance of the position:Safety and Security
· Report work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to manager/supervisor.
· Follow policies and procedures for the safe operation and storage of tools, equipment, and machines.
· Identify and correct unsafe work procedures or conditions and/or report them to management and security/safety personnel.
· Follow Hazardous Material Management Program procedures for handling and disposing of chemicals, fertilizer, pesticides, blood borne pathogens, etc., including using Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS).
· Maintain awareness of undesirable persons on property premises.
· Complete appropriate safety training and certifications to perform work tasks.
· Use proper equipment, wear appropriate personal protective clothing (PPE), and employ correct lifting procedures, as necessary, to avoid injury.Policies and Procedures
· Protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
· Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
· Protect company tools, equipment, machines, or other assets in accordance with company policies and procedures.
· Follow company and department policies and procedures.
· Ensure uniform, nametags, and personal appearance are clean, hygienic, professional and in compliance with company policies and procedures.
· Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.Guest Relations
· Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using the guest's name when possible.
· Actively listen and respond positively to guest questions, concerns, and requests using brand or property specific process (e.g., LEARN, PLEASED, Guest Response, LEAP) to resolve issues, delight, and build trust.
· Anticipate guests' service needs, including asking questions of guests to better understand their needs and watching/listening to guest preferences and acting on them whenever possible.
· Address guests' service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
· Assist other employees to ensure proper coverage and prompt guest service.
· Thank guests with genuine appreciation and provide a fond farewell.Communication
· Speak to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.Working with Others
· Develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments.Physical Tasks
· Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds without assistance.
· Removal of snow and maintenance of ice management (if applicable).Install, Maintain, and Repair Items
· Ensure that all flammable materials are stored in OSHA and EPA approved containment devices.
· Perform miscellaneous minor repairs such as tightening loose toilet seats, changing light bulbs, and patching holes in walls.
· Repair, maintain, and construct wood structures such as partitions, doors, furniture, and similar items throughout the property.
· Use the Lockout/Tagout system before performing any maintenance work.
· Re-key locks (if applicable)Maintain Building and Property
· Report any serious maintenance problems, unusual findings, or safety hazards immediately to the manager/supervisor.Painting/Carpentry
· Install and repair finishes, such as laminates.
· Build, install, and repair walls and partitions, including drywall, wallpaper, millwork/molding, and faux finishing.
· Perform rough-in framing for doors, frames, windows, and cabinetry.Warehouse
· Order items, including filling out requisitions, obtaining manager approval, and using appropriate vendors.Elevator Maintenance
· Load, transport, and unload freight from elevator to designated area, using handtruck.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.