Fix minor plumbing problems such as unclogging drains. Assemble pipe sections, tubing, and fittings. Fill pipes or plumbing fixtures with water or air to detect and locate leaks. Review blueprints, building codes, and specifications. Study building plan and inspect structure in order plan installations. Measure, cut, thread, and bend pipe to required angle. Install and maintain pipe assemblies, fittings, valves, appliances, and fixtures. Perform miscellaneous minor repairs. Perform preventative maintenance on tools and equipment.
Skills and Knowledge
· Problem Solving
· Arithmetic Computation
· Interpersonal Skills
· Team Work
· Diversity Relations
· Customer Service Orientation
· Applied Reading
· English Language Proficiency
· Physical Strength
· Hand-Eye Coordination
· Visual Acuity
· Work Conditions
· Planning and Organizing
· Detail Orientation
· Time Management
· Stationary Engineer/Boiler Operator License
· Plumber Certification
· Hand/Power Tools
· Personal Protective Equipment
· Medical Clearance
· Machine and Motor Equipment
· Hazardous Materials
· Stress Tolerance
· Positive Demeanor
· Property Knowledge
· Company Polices KnowledgeSafety and Security
· Follow company and department safety and security policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment.
· Report work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to manager/supervisor.
· Follow policies and procedures for the safe operation and storage of tools, equipment, and machines.
· Identify and correct unsafe work procedures or conditions and/or report them to management and security/safety personnel.
· Complete appropriate safety training and certifications to perform work tasks.
· Follow property specific procedures for handling emergency situations (e.g., evacuations, medical emergencies, natural disasters).
· Use proper equipment, wear appropriate personal protective clothing (PPE), and employ correct lifting procedures, as necessary, to avoid injury.Policies and Procedures
· Ensure uniform, nametags, and personal appearance are clean, hygienic, professional and in compliance with company policies and procedures.
· Protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
· Protect company tools, equipment, machines, or other assets in accordance with company policies and procedures.
· Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.Guest Relations
· Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using the guest's name when possible.
· Engage guests in conversation regarding their stay, property services, and area attractions/offerings.
· Actively listen and respond positively to guest questions, concerns, and requests using brand or property specific process (e.g., LEARN, PLEASED, Guest Response, LEAP) to resolve issues, delight, and build trust.
· Anticipate guests' service needs, including asking questions of guests to better understand their needs and watching/listening to guest preferences and acting on them whenever possible.
· Address guests' service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
· Assist other employees to ensure proper coverage and prompt guest service.
· Thank guests with genuine appreciation and provide a fond farewell.
· Provide assistance to individuals with disabilities, including assisting visually, hearing, or physically-impaired individuals within guidelines (e.g., escorting them when requested, using words to explain actions, writing directions on paper, moving objects out of the way, or offering access to Braille or TDD phones).Communication
· Provide assistance to coworkers, ensuring they understand their tasks.
· Speak to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.Assists Management
· Serve as a departmental role model or mentor by working alongside employees to perform technical or functional job duties.
· Assign and ensure work tasks are completed on time and that they meet appropriate quality standards.
· Coach and develop employees (e.g., create expectations for continual improvement, provide challenging tasks and assignments, hold development discussions, and construct and execute development plans).
· Encourage and motivate employees to perform their best, take responsibility for tasks and assignments, make decisions and provide input on possible improvements.
· Collaborate with management to formally recognize hourly employees' performance contributions.
· Ensure employee compliance with company standards and policies and external regulations (e.g., safety, OSHA, department-specific procedures such as food standards).Working with Others
· Develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments.
· Partner with and assist others to promote an environment of teamwork and achieve common goals.
· Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.
· Handle sensitive issues with employees and/or guests with tact, respect, diplomacy, and confidentiality.Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement
· Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards.
· Identify and recommend new ideas, technologies, or processes to increase organizational efficiency, productivity, quality, safety, and/or cost-savings.
Install, Maintain, and Repair Items
· Perform miscellaneous minor repairs such as tightening loose toilet seats, changing light bulbs, and patching holes in walls.
· Repair miscellaneous gas, electric, and steam appliances, including kitchen equipment (e.g., dishwasher, oven).
· Install and maintain appliances, electronics, and equipment.
· Recommend replacement of defective/outdated appliances, electronics, and equipment.
· Perform preventative maintenance on tools and equipment, including cleaning and lubrication.
· Prioritize non-guest repair requests.
· Respond and attend to guest repair requests.
· Assist with moving, lifting, carrying, and placing of objects weighing in excess of 100 pounds (e.g., A/C unit, television, dresser).
· Carry all equipment (e.g., keys, phones, pager, tools, radio) in order to maintain preparedness to carry out work tasks at all times.
· Use the Lockout/Tagout system before performing any maintenance work.
· Ensure that all flammable materials are stored in OSHA and EPA approved containment devices.Guest Room Preventative Maintenance
· Coordinate scheduled preventative maintenance jobs with guests.
· Use the Servidine/WinTrack preventative maintenance system.
· Analyze room defect trends to eliminate recurring problems, including inspecting the condition of furniture and appliances and reporting damages to manager/supervisor.Maintain Building and Property
· Identify, locate, and operate all shut-off valves for equipment.
· Calibrate all controls, gauges, meters, and other equipment as required.
· Monitor and maintain potable water within acceptable levels.
· Conduct daily inspections of the property's mechanical plant to ensure optimum operating conditions and prevent unnecessary down time or mechanical interruption of operations.
· Assist in training mechanical level and other departmental hires on equipment, policies, and procedures.
· Maintain the physical plant of the property according to the company standard operating procedures.
· Evaluate and coordinate repair and maintenance projects and building improvements.
· Report any serious maintenance problems, unusual findings, or safety hazards immediately to the manager/supervisor.
· Maintain proper maintenance inventory and requisition parts and supplies as needed.Maintain Records or Logs
· Read, log, track, and interpret readings from meters, gauges, and other measuring units.
· Maintain daily logs of operation, maintenance, and safety activities, including test results, instrument readings, and details of equipment malfunctions and maintenance work.
· Record information for unfinished calls into “pass-on log book” prior to shift change.
· Track status of open maintenance issues using computer software (e.g., Guestware), log book, or white board.Coordinate with Others
· Communicate with customers when necessary to resolve maintenance issues.
· Coordinate and schedule with other departments in the event of major system shut down or major repair or improvement.
· Coordinate with other departments using telecommunications devices in order to respond to requests and resolve maintenance issues.HVAC/R
· Inspect, repair, and maintain HVAC, air quality control, and refrigeration equipment (e.g., boilers, chillers, and air handling units/controls), including charging refrigeration systems, replacing air filters, and cleaning coils.
· Monitor and inspect boiler equipment, computer terminals, switches, valves, gauges, alarms, safety devices, and meters to detect leaks or malfunctions, and to ensure that equipment is operating efficiently and safely.
· Test and record boiler, condenser, and open/closed loop systems water quality and take any necessary corrective action such as adding chemicals to prevent corrosion and harmful deposits.
· Activate valves to maintain required amounts of water in boilers, to adjust supplies of combustion air, and to control the flow of fuel into burners.
· Monitor boiler water, chemical, and fuel levels, and make adjustments to maintain required levels.
· Fire gas- or oil-fed boilers using automatic gas feeds or oil pumps.
· Assemble, install, test, and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus, and fixtures using hand tools and power tools.
· Diagnose malfunctioning electrical systems, apparatus, and components using test equipment and hand tools to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
· Connect wires to circuit breakers, transformers, or other components.
· Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes.
· Test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures using testing devices such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, and oscilloscopes to ensure compatibility and safety of system.
· Read and follow blueprints/schematics to determine the location of wiring/equipment and to ensure conformance to building and safety codes.
· Operate and maintain air compressors and pneumatic/electronic systems and controls.Plumbing
· Fix minor plumbing problems such as unclogging drains, plunging toilets, and repairing leaky spigots and faucets using appropriate techniques.
· Assemble pipe sections, tubing, and fittings, using couplings, clamps, screws, bolts, cement, plastic solvent, caulking, or soldering, brazing and welding equipment.
· Fill pipes or plumbing fixtures with water or air and observe pressure gauges to detect and locate leaks.
· Review blueprints, building codes, and specifications to determine work details and procedures.
· Study building plan and inspect structure in order to assess material and equipment needs, establish the sequence of pipe installations, and plan installation around obstructions such as electrical wiring.
· Collect appropriate data and provide support to assist in the planning for special or very large jobs.
· Locate and mark the position of pipe installations, connections, passage holes, and fixtures in structures using measuring instruments such as rulers and levels.
· Measure, cut, thread, and bend pipe to required angle using equipment such as pipe cutters, pipe-threading machines, and pipe-bending machines.
· Install and maintain pipe assemblies, fittings, valves, appliances (e.g., dishwashers, washing machines, water heaters, drinking fountains, ice machines), and fixtures (e.g., sinks, toilets).Warehouse
· Operate warehouse equipment such as forklifts, power and manual pallet jacks, four-wheel carts and two-wheel dollies, dock plates, and roll-up doors.
· Pack and unpack items to be stocked on shelves in stockrooms and warehouses.
· Verify inventory by checking physical counts of stock, investigating discrepancies, and adjusting errors.
· Store items in an orderly and accessible manner in warehouses, supply rooms, or other areas.
· Order items, including filling out requisitions, obtaining manager approval, and using appropriate vendors.
· Mark stock items using identification tags, stamps, electric marking tools, or other labeling equipment.
· Determine proper storage methods, identification, and stock location based on turnover, environmental factors, and physical capabilities of facilities.
· Keep records on the use and/or damage of stock or stock handling equipment.
· Examine and inspect stock items for wear or defects, reporting any damage to supervisors.
· Maintain purchase orders log and file purchase orders upon payment, ensuring that orders match packing slips.Elevator Maintenance
· Load, transport, and unload freight from elevator to designated area, using handtruck.Kitchen Maintenance
· Perform preventative maintenance for all kitchen equipment according to local codes and manufacturer specifications.
· Perform grease trap and drain maintenance as required by local codes.
· Inspect kitchen for equipment and health code compliance, including temperature readings, equipment efficiency, gaskets, and air curtains.Emergency Response
· Assist in ensuring compliance with MIP 30 in conjunction with leadership team and Loss Prevention.
· Assist in development of disaster response protocols.
· Assist local authorities with emergency and natural disaster situations (e.g., flood, blackout, fire alarm) according to disaster response protocol.
· Inspect fire sprinkler valves and fire alarm systems in accordance with company policy and local codes.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.