Full job details
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. is one of the leading hotel and leisure companies in the world with more than 1,300 properties in over 100 countries and over 180,000 employees at its owned and managed properties. Starwood is a fully integrated owner, operator and franchisor of hotels, resorts and residences under the renowned brands: St. Regis®, The Luxury Collection®, W®, Westin®, Le Méridien®, Sheraton®, Tribute Portfolio™, Four Points® by Sheraton, Aloft®, Element®, along with an expanded partnership with Design Hotels™. The Company also boasts one of the industry’s leading loyalty programs, Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG®). Please visit www.starwoodhotels.com for more information.
We will provide you with plenty of training and development opportunities as well as growth within the Company.
Our accommodation is one of the best in Abu Dhabi with large villas, a pool, gym, tennis court, basketball court and a grocery shop. You will certainly feel at home!
We are looking for people who are passionate about great service, going the extra mile and personalizing our guests’ experience.
For more information on Starwood please visit www.starwoodhotels.com
Abu Dhabi, UAE
Job Function / Summary:
Is responsible for assisting & coordinating activities pertaining to the guest services & safety as well as all-round hotel activities and safety of employees.
1. Front Office and Guest Services Procedures
2. Assigned projects
3. Service Quality
4. Standard Compliance
5. Human resources
6. Employee Relations
• Assists & supports all hotel departments in dealing with difficult guest situations, particularly those when the guest demands to “speak to the manager” or makes a complaint.
• Coordinates the emergency evacuation of guests in the event of fire, bomb threats and other emergency situations.
• Ensures standards & house rules are maintained during shift in all areas
• Assists as needed in hotel departments e.g. housekeeping, Service Express, Front Desk
• Ensure arriving guests receive prompt cordial attention & personal recognition.
• Meets & escorts arriving VIP’s
• Maintains a logbook of all occurrences, complaints etc for the attention of executive committee & G.M.
• Assists guests with guestroom problems.
• Supports other departments with regard to emergency requisitions, problem solving etc.
• Conducts tours of the hotel as required.
• Monitors lobby & guest corridor activity, and cleanliness.
• Monitors & handles employee issues/problems/illness etc. and resolves matters related to these in absence of a department head.
• Conducts regular “clock” rounds through the hotel to ensure safety & high standard of cleanliness is maintained. Reports problems to relevant departments.
• Coordinates “overbooking” situations.
• Coordinates details and changes for banquet functions if needed.
• Coordinates any “down time” procedures and deal with outlet systems problems.
• Conducts regular guestroom inspections.
• In absence of engineering department first line support for technical problems.
• Keep duty managers information manual up to date.
• Coordinates fire alarms
• If needed, ask for assistance from departments on all like security, systems and engineering.
The above key areas, responsibilities and activities reflect the items necessary to describe the principal functions of the job identified and shall not be construed as detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the job.
Key Result Areas:
As specified by Big 5 or goals in your PMP
Measures of Performance:
Big 5 or goals as set by supervisor
CRITICAL SUCCESS FACTORS
• Must have demonstrated superior supervisory skills in previous responsibilities. Should be able to articulately explain his/her management style, problems successes, failures & programs.
• Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
• Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
• Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Must possess basic computer skills.
• Advanced knowledge of the principles and practices within the Rooms
• Ability to apply supervisory /management soft skills.
Arabic / Russian / German Language is a plus
At least one year in Duty Manager position