Director, Revenue Management
Full job details
Director, Revenue Management
Experiencing warm and engaging service in luxurious surroundings is turning moments into memories for our guests at Fairmont Hotels & Resorts. Apply your analytical and strategic planning strengths as Director, Revenue Management, where you will successfully balance inventory and demand to maximize room revenue opportunities and guest satisfaction.
Hotel Overview: Makkah Clock Royal Tower, A Fairmont Hotel, is located only a few steps away from the Masjid Al Haraam and the Holy Ka’aba. This 76-story hotel, one of the world’s tallest, is the focal point of the Abraj Al Bait Complex, part of the King Abdul Aziz Endowment Project. The Hotel authentic hospitality is seen throughout 1542 rooms.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Group Director of Revenue Management, the Director of Revenue Management is responsible for driving incremental revenue and profit for the hotel using a rational, disciplined decision-making process while managing risk under current and anticipated market conditions.
Maximizes net room revenue contribution through a thorough understanding of all booking channels and management of inventory and rate therein.
Continuous analysis of changing channel distribution models and the impact on consumer booking trends.
Operational hotel and corporate pricing strategies through definition and management of rate levels, stay restrictions and other tactics, which are congruent with demand factors and which are managed through all distribution channels.
With rate integrity a cornerstone of our pricing strategy, the DRM will maintain rates which promote integrity and which protect the order of long term customer value.
Owner of my Revenue Pricing Maximization System (myRPMS or IDeaS V5). Responsible for configuration, forecast validation and daily interaction with system and the decisions produced.
Works with RM Team to determine effective and engaging rate offers (packages) which are then offered to the right customer in the right channel.
Monitors transient, group and tour booking pace in order to determine pricing and availability controls for all reservation distribution sources. Discusses changes to, and implements those changes in distribution plan accordingly.
Completes all rooms and revenue forecasting to accurately project unconstrained demand.
Tracking and analysis of competitive set pricing and yield strategies, gaining the ability to predict the comp set reaction to changes in the marketplace.
Plays an active role in the Strategic Planning, Marketing Plan and budgeting processes.
Chairs and prepares materials for the weekly Revenue Management Meetings and follows the Fairmont guidelines for meeting content.
Prepares timely revenue summaries as required by the RM Team.
Provides guided learning so that all areas of the hotel that impact revenue are fully aware of the hotel RM strategies and understand their role in the plan.
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities necessary
- Minimum 2 years experience in Revenue Department in a luxury property preferred
- Must be a highly organized person with strong planning skills
- Goal and results oriented
- Analytical skills, strength as a developer and a leader of others are essential
- International experience an asset
- Energetic, enthusiastic, self-motivated and a charismatic team player
- Strategic thinking combined with the proven ability to move strategy to action are foremost attributes
- Comfortable in discussion forums; able to represent ideas succinctly and convincingly.
- Proven experience in analysis and problem solving required.
- Team building skills and proven track record is essential.
- Self-study and independent work ethics are required.
- Highly organized with the ability to manage multiple priorities under time constraints is key to the success of this individual.
- Strong experience or adaptable training in the use of automated systems, PCs and office products, e.g. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.
- Knowledge of Fairmont Sales & Property Management automation.
- Experience working with IDeaS V5 an asset.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as Sales Manager or 3 year’s experience as Front Office or Reservations Manager, or 2 years’ experience in a related area
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits! Job Level : Senior Leadership / Executive Schedule : Full-time Shift : Day Job Closing Date : 01.Oct.2016, 4:59:00 AM Job Number: MAK01139