Group Assistant Sales Manager
Full job details
Assistant Sales Manager
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, our engaging service and delicious cuisine make every special event a truly memorable affair, both within our distinctive surroundings and off-site. Your vision and leadership as Manager – Catering, Conference Services &/or Events will ensure an engaged team, efficient operations – and service that exceed the expectations of every client.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director Of Sales , responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
Reporting to the Director – Catering, Conference Services &/or Events, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
· Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service.
· Assist sales manager in managing in soliciting and booking Catering, Conference Service &/or Events business through targeted activities; including sales calls, inquiry calls, appointments, etc.
· Organize catering and/or convention booking files from date of departure, and maintain accurate activities within files consistently.
· Follow up with sales manager to obtain/confirm all event-related information (to include, but not limited to – meeting specifications, audio visual, rooming lists, technical needs, exhibit needs, food and beverage requirements, etc) with client, organize/distribute group resumes, conference agendas, event orders, floorplans, etc to all operating partners accurately, and in a timely manner.
· Drive function space optimization/maximization, to ensure best utilization of space for guest experience and financial performance of department.
· Yield sleeping room block and function space, ensuring optimization of financial return/performance.
· Initiate/follow up on billing procedures, ensuring deposits and/or credit applications are received within acceptable timeframes.
· Conduct pre-conference/event meetings with clients and pertinent departments to confirm all relevant details are communicated.
· Ensure guest/group experience while onsite, through personal interaction and attendance at functions throughout the stay. Must be flexible to accommodate irregular and/or extended hours.
· Conduct any/all site inspections as required. Able to handle ‘walk-in’ inquiries.
· Attend necessary meetings within hotel that affect/are affected by the Catering, Conference Services &/or Events department.
· E stablish and maintain rapport with clients, prior to, during and post conference, exceeding their expectations and encouraging repeat business.
· Play active role in local community through associations, memberships and involvement. Be an ambassador of the hotel within the local community.
· Additional responsibilities, as outlined by Director or Assistant Director.
· Previous leadership experience within luxury market, and similar role, required.
· Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications and relevant computer applications required (Micros Opera S&C, and Meeting Matrix preferred).
· University/College degree in a related discipline preferred.
· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal required.
· Strong leadership, excellent interpersonal skills, and problem solving abilities.
· Highly responsible, reliable and ethical. A reputation for honesty and integrity.
· Results oriented and highly motivated self-starter.
· Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times.
· Possess and/or obtain CMP/CPCE certification within three years.
· Ability to work days, nights and weekend; when necessary.
Visa Requirements: Insert text as applicable
ABOUT OUR COMPANY: At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!