Full job details
Housekeeping Supervisor’s primary responsibilities are the daily inspection of guestrooms, public areas, back of the house and to supervise a professional team of Colleagues to ensure the department achieves the highest levels of service excellence, impeccable cleanliness, and adherence to Fairmont standards. Other important responsibilities of a Housekeeping Supervisor is to provide Guests with unrivaled housekeeping services and timely turnover of guestrooms to ensure smooth and efficient operation of the department.
A unique blend of contemporary design and urban chic, Fairmont Dubai is an icon in the business heart of the city. Just minutes from Dubai's key attractions, our hotel is linked to the Dubai International Convention Centre. Ten contemporary dining experiences intrigue the palate, our signature Spa and health facilities offer a wealth of amenities, including two terrace sundecks complemented by handcrafted mosaic swimming pools. Fairmont Dubai brings together luxurious surroundings and modern amenities with renowned Fairmont service.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Executive Housekeeper, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for conducting quality inspections to ensure the highest levels of cleanliness in guestrooms, public areas and Heart of House in accordance with Fairmont standards, policies and procedures
- Ensures high morale and productivity levels of Colleagues through training & development, and ongoing communication including performance reviews, career development and consistent feedback and/or corrective action
- Assists Housekeeping Leaders in the building of an efficient team of Colleagues by participating and showing initiative concerning quality hiring, retention and development of Colleagues
- Responsible for taking a lead role in the coordination of all Housekeeping Colleagues and activities including: office opening and closing, daily room assignments, evening service assignments, special tasks, and shift briefings
- Ensures departmental schedules reflect our service commitments, colleague needs and business-productivity commitments
- Ensures that our Colleagues’ appearance is always reflective of our grooming standards and that they are always in a clean and proper uniform.
- Responsible for communicating all operational concerns to the Leadership team and proactively finding appropriate solutions and implementing action
- Responsible for maintaining high level of performance, work quality and service standards of Housekeeping colleagues
- Ensures guestrooms and public areas are serviced, maintained and prepared in a timely and efficient manner
- Ensures completeness of guestroom mini bar items, refill & charge consumptions promptly and alert discrepancies as required.
- Responsible for liaising with Front Office, Engineering and other departments in the overall operations of the rooms division to ensure the highest level of guest service are maintained
- Processes requests and delegates work assignment in a timely manner while adhering to Fairmont ’s brand standards
- Follows all Occupational Health and Safety regulations
- Ensures all Housekeeping Colleagues adhere to the material outlined in the Fairmont Code of Ethics
- Ensures key control procedures and adheres to Hotel’s policies with regards to security
- Must be guest-oriented, have a vibrant personality, posses strong initiative with observational skills & attention to details
- Must possess the ability to make informed decisions through organizing, planning & taking ownership to assigned responsibilities
- Must have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Must be highly organized, energetic and possess the ability to work well under pressure
- Must be results-oriented by being motivated and driven to meet objectives
- Must have the ability to manage several tasks simultaneously
- Must be physically fit in order to lift and move furniture and equipment
- Proficient in the English language (verbal & written), second language is an asset
- Must be flexible in terms of working hours
- Previous supervisory and training/teaching experience is an asset
- Must have a strong leadership skills, able to motivate and lead employees to achieve the department’s vision and measurable goals
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Constant standing and walking throughout shift
- Occasional lifting and carrying up to 30 lbs
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in Dubai. We will assist successful applicants with the visa process and provide flights and accommodation.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
Job Level : Management / Supervisory Schedule : Full-time Shift : Rotating / Shift Work Travel : No Closing Date : Ongoing Job Number: DBI01893
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!