Assistant Manager, Guest Relations
Full job details
Assistant Manager, Guest Relations
We are searching for a leader who trains and executes superb quality standards combined with engaging service. A leader who is constantly enhancing the service culture of the entire hotel.
Hotel Overview: Fairmont Bab Al Bahr, “gateway to the sea” boasts a prime location at the mainland gateway to the cosmopolitan city of Abu Dhabi, the capital of the United Arab Emirates. With its strikingly contemporary architecture, this beachfront business hotel offers the highest level of comfort and elegance throughout its 369 guestrooms and suites, including the ultimate exclusive lifestyle hotel experience with Fairmont Gold.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director of Rooms, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service
- Demonstrate a commitment to personal guest service excellence
- Ensure that Guest concerns are resolved in a professional and timely manner
- Execute on the perfect arrival and of constantly striving for the best experience in Abu Dhabi.
- Effective communicating of all pertinent information on arriving and in-house guests to all departments
- Develop a strong team through consistently effective performance management, leadership and operations
- Manage room inventories in close connection with Reservations and Front Office
- Exceed company core standards and market competition for Fairmont Presidents Club
- Adhere to the crisis management and business continuity plans for the department
- Effective and timely interaction with all Hotel departments including participation and representation in hotel wide meetings /committees as required
- Previous experience is an asset
- Immaculate presentation and grooming
- C urrent or previous experience as an Executive Club supervisor/assistant manager in a similar operation.
- Highly motivated, organized, and team oriented individual who thrives under pressure
- Enjoys working alongside the employees and building personal relationships with our guests.
- Proven ability to effectively lead, motivate and develop your team
- Comprehensive knowledge of Front Office, Food & Beverage and Executive Floor operations
- Hospitality/Business Diploma/Degree an asset
Visa Requirements: Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in Abu Dhabi. Fairmont Bab Al Bahr will cover visa costs and flights for selected candidates from place of origin.Living and working in Abu Dhabi: Abu Dhabi, the capital, is the largest of the 7 Emirates which make up the United Arab Emirates, one of the world fastest growing tourist destinations. When you choose to live and work in Abu Dhabi, you will find that we offer competitive salaries, service charge, quality medical benefits, meals and furnished accommodation. There are currently no income taxes in the United Arab Emirates. Abu Dhabi’s heritage is rooted in Islamic traditions and living here will prove to be a unique life experience. For more information about living in Abu Dhabi, we suggest you visit the following websites: www.visitabudhabi.ae www.abudhabi.com www.ask-ali.com
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit www.fairmontcareers.com to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!Job Level : Management / Supervisory Schedule : Full-time Shift : Day Job Travel : No Closing Date : 30.Sep.2016, 8:59:00 PM Job Number: ADC01212