Full job details
Fostering the health and wellbeing of our guests, visitors and Colleagues is an integral part of our Fairmont Hotels & Resorts culture. As a Health Club Attendant, your warm service and knowledge of all our facility has to offer will support our guests and members in their commitment to healthy living.
Hotel Overview: Fairmont Bab Al Bahr, “gateway to the sea” boasts a prime location at the mainland gateway to the cosmopolitan city of Abu Dhabi, the capital of the United Arab Emirates. With its strikingly contemporary architecture, this beachfront business hotel offers the highest level of comfort and elegance throughout its 369 guestrooms and suites, including the ultimate exclusive lifestyle hotel experience with Fairmont Gold.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Recreation Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Demonstrates the Fairmont’s ServicePlus Standards in all interactions.
- Welcomes and assists guests’ according to FHR Brand Standards
- Is an ambassador of Fairmont Bab Al Bahr by providing memorable guest experiences
- Demonstrates a commitment to provide warm, anticipative service to exceed the needs and expectations of our discerning guests
- Maintains thorough knowledge of all fitness services, protocols and procedures
- Maintains thorough knowledge of gym machines
- Maintains cleanliness and reports deficiencies of gym equipments
- Assists in the operation of all ladies and mixed gym and pool areas as required
- Maintains the facility in peak sanitary condition at all times
- Maintains female, mixed gym, and gym & pool locker rooms in a tidy manner
- Maintains toiletries in locker room vanities
- Maintains inventory of supplies for the operations of the fitness facility
- Daily follow of the checklist
- Maintains towel, bath mats, etc., inventory to and from laundry storage on a schedule basis
- Directs members/ guests to appointments and assists them in everyway possible
- Provides information about the Health Club facilities, membership inquiries and services in person and via telephone
- Look for opportunities, follow-up with guests, sell and up-sell Health Club memberships and overall facilities
- Ensure that is fully conversant with the Health Club facilities and activities / assists the Line Manager in the coordination of all club activities.
- Possess knowledge about all aspect of fitness exercises, stretching and the facility to ensure guests are provided with accurate information, and inquiries are responded to with complete details.
- Assists members/ guests with use of the gym machines and exercise program.
- To manage any guest complaint in a professional manner, by resolving it, recording it and making sure the guest is satisfied.
- To share daily activity highlights with the supervisor and manager including internal and external guest opportunities.
- Handles guest complaints and solves problems to the degree possible
- Makes and handle reservation for personal training sessions and other classes provided by the club.
- Enroll and process all membership related documents, ensuring the accuracy of the process
- Makes health club membership cards.
- Ensures that attention to details is accurately maintained with each guest reservation and all guest membership requirements or issues are clearly stated to ensure smooth service delivery.
- Process payments and thoroughly understands and adheres to proper credit, and cash-handling policies and procedures
- Provide gym, pool and beach tours, when needed
- Maintains accurate records as required by hotel and municipality regulations
- To be flexible with working hours.
- To project a positive and motivated attitude.
- To be fully conversant with first aid.
- Properly follow opening & closing procedures, as provided in specific Daily task list.
- Participates in the orientations, meeting, and training process of all colleagues assigned to the Health Club
- Follows Occupational Health and Safety regulations
- Reports suspicious people, behavior, and vehicles to Hotel Security, MOD and Recreation Manager.
- Alerts the Recreation Manager / Security Manager / Manager on Duty /General Manager on any emergency at the Health Club.
- To be flexible and extend job duties to carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities within the job capability as assigned, including redeployment to alternative departments/areas if required, to meet business demands and guest service needs.
- Ensures adherence to Fairmont’s Code of Ethics
- Must possess outstanding guest service skills, professional presentation and sophisticated verbal and written communication skills
- Must be guest-oriented, have a vibrant personality, and radiate enthusiasm to assist people
- Proficient in English language (verbal and written) with a second or third language as an asset
- Must be able to handle a multitude of tasks in an intense, ever changing environment
- Must be flexible in terms of working hours, and able to work with little or no supervision
- Previous experience in lifestyle wellness techniques that incorporates the philosophy & the balanced basics of food, water, rest, and activity would be an asset
- Computer literacy in Windows, MS Office Suite, Fidelio, Opera PMS system, and cashiering skills recommended
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Frequent walking and standing throughout shift
- Occasional lifting and carrying up to 30 lbs
- Frequent bending, kneeling, pushing, pulling
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramps
- Frequent walking and standing throughout shift
Visa Requirements: Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in Abu Dhabi. Fairmont Bab Al Bahr will cover visa costs and flights for selected candidates from place of origin.Living and working in Abu Dhabi: Abu Dhabi, the capital, is the largest of the 7 Emirates which make up the United Arab Emirates, one of the world fastest growing tourist destinations. When you choose to live and work in Abu Dhabi, you will find that we offer competitive salaries, service charge, quality medical benefits, meals and furnished accommodation. There are currently no income taxes in the United Arab Emirates. Abu Dhabi’s heritage is rooted in Islamic traditions and living here will prove to be a unique life experience. For more information about living in Abu Dhabi, we suggest you visit the following websites: www.visitabudhabi.ae www.abudhabi.com www.ask-ali.com
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
Job Level : Colleague Schedule : Full-time Shift : Rotating / Shift Work Travel : No Closing Date : 30.Sep.2016, 8:59:00 PM Job Number: ADC01202
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!