Shift Leader - Engineering
An Engineering Shift Leader is responsible for all maintenance issues within the hotel to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience while performing daily checks, repairing equipment, and coordinating renovation projects.
What will it be like to work for a Hilton Worldwide Brand?
Our Team Members are the Heart of Hilton. As extraordinary hospitality professionals, we work together to make Hilton a great place to work and to build rewarding careers for ourselves and our colleagues.
Hilton Worldwide is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton Worldwide has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton Worldwide is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its 13 global brands, which include Hilton Hotels & Resorts, Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, Conrad Hotels & Resorts, Canopy by Hilton, Curio A Collection by Hilton, DoubleTree by Hilton, Embassy Suites by Hilton, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton Hotels, Tru by Hilton, Homewood Suites by Hilton, Home2 Suites by Hilton and Hilton Grand Vacations. The company also manages the world-class guest reward program Hilton HHonors®.
At Hilton, our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all! Come be a part of our team!
What will I be doing?
As an Engineering Shift Leader, you are responsible for all maintenance issues within the hotel, daily maintenance checks, and repairing mechanical equipment to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience. A Maintenance Supervisor will also be required to coordinate renovation projects and develop emergency programs. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Responsible for maintenance issues within the hotel
- Perform daily checks around the hotel
- Conduct lift emergency release procedures as required
- Diagnose, maintain, and repair mechanical equipment within the hotel
- Ensure good relationships are built with internal and external customers
- Maintenance of all hotel fixtures and fittings to ensure they are in safe condition and take action when any unsafe situations arise
- Develop, implement, and direct all emergency programs
- Develop, implement and manage energy conservation programs for the property to minimize expenses
- Coordinate renovation bidding, define the cost and scope of the project, and oversee the general contractor and subcontractors to ensure quality work is performed cost effectively
- Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned
- Responsible for the health and safety of the hotel
- Ensure monthly safety inspections take place and employees are trained accordingly
A Maintenance Supervisor serving Hilton Worldwide brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Advanced knowledge of building management/engineering
- Positive attitude
- Good communication skills
- Committed to delivering a high level of customer service
- Excellent grooming standards
- Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work on their own
- Previous experience in a management role
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- First Aid
- Vocational training in engineering or similar field