Catering and Conference Services Coordinator(Arabic Speaking)
Catering & Conference Services Coordinator
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, our engaging service and delicious cuisine make every special event a truly memorable affair, both within our distinctive surroundings and off-site. Be an ambassador for our exceptional offerings as Catering & Events Coordinator, where you will liaise between multiple departments to meet the needs – and exceed the expectations – of your clients.
Hotel Overview: Ideally situated on the Arabian Gulf in Ajman, UAE, the newly built Fairmont Ajman has opened May 2015. The hotel close proximity to both Sharjah and Dubai airports. The hotel features 252 guestrooms and suites, including two luxurious penthouse offerings, a multitude of dining options and fitness facilities. The beachfront location offers guests a wide range of leisure activities including water sports and diving as well as access to shopping and cultural excursions. Event planners can take advantage of 2,000 square meters of indoor function space as well as outdoor facilities.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Consistently offers professional, engaging and friendly service
- Ensure that all inquiries are entered into the inquiry sheet and responded to
- Handle all internal meeting / function requirements
- Prepare BEOs, contracts and proposals.
- Print daily events log for the morning briefing
- Responsible for recording and maintaining files
- Handle Credit application process.
- Ensure the distribution of BEOs to all departments
- Send out updates from BEO meeting.
- Ensure prompt and courteous service is extended to both internal and external customers
- Assist Managers with emailing of contracts.
- Maintain current sales & catering promotional literature and have a complete knowledge of hotel’s services and facilities
- Maintain stock of stationary and collateral in the Catering Office
- Assist in the organization and coordination of specific functions and promotions / client events.
- Assist in various office statistics, reports and presentations.
- Assist Managers with Site Inspections
- Previous experience is an asset
- Only Female applications will be considered.
- Minimum High School Diploma, Business School and/or Hotel School Diploma preferred.
- Minimum one year experience in a luxury Hotel environment or two year exposure to Catering/Banquet Operation.
- Full proficiency in all office procedures and clerical duties.
- Computer experience at intermediate to advanced level is mandatory with knowledge of Windows 2000 (Excel, PowerPoint and Word, Access) and Opera.
- Must be a strong team player, professional and enthusiastic with excellent organizational skills, creativity and be a self-starter.
- Must be able to prioritize, organize and be self-efficient.
- Must be flexible on timings during peak periods.
- Arabic speaker is a must
Visa Requirements: Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in Ajman. We will assist successful applicants with the visa process and provide flights and accommodation.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit www.fairmontcareers.com to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts—and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!