Culinary Administrative Assistant
- Job Level
Culinary Administrative Assistant
Every memorable dining experience at Fairmont Hotels and Resorts begins behind the scenes with our Culinary team’s commitment to safe, efficient operations and exceptional cuisine. As a Culinary Administrative Assistant, you will coordinate, oversee and perform administrative support to the Executive Chef and Executive Sous Chef and Serves as the primary point of operational and administrative contact for internal and external constituencies, often on complex and confidential issues.
Ideally situated on the Arabian Gulf in Ajman, UAE, the newly built Fairmont Ajman has opened May 2015. The hotel close proximity to both Sharjah and Dubai airports. The hotel features 252 guestrooms and suites, including two luxurious penthouse offerings, a multitude of dining options and fitness facilities. The beachfront location offers guests a wide range of leisure activities including water sports and diving as well as access to shopping and cultural excursions. Event planners can take advantage of 2,000 square meters of indoor function space as well as outdoor facilities.
The Culinary Administrative Assistant will coordinate, oversee and perform administrative support for the Executive Chef and Sous Chef and serve as the primary point of operational and administrative contact for internal and external constituencies, often on complex and confidential issues while developing and managing all culinary staff records.
- Administer payroll records and vacation schedules for culinary colleagues
- Assist with the scheduling of chefs in all kitchens
- Assist with recruiting of culinary employees through candidate assessment and pre- screening
- Coordinate departmental trainings, seminars and competitions.
- Assist with food costing and development of menu items in both restaurants and banquets.
- Prepare and update Food Hygiene and Health & Safety records for Ajman Municipality
- Arrange and host children’s functions in the hotel
- Maintain culinary library
- Read, sort and route incoming mail and interoffice documents.
- Compose and distribute correspondence and memoranda, reports, documents, forms and other printed materials.
- Set up, organize and maintain correspondence files and other departmental records so that they are easily retrievable by department members.
- Order, distribute and coordinate inventory office supplies.
- Maintain and organize in a professional manner, personal workspace and shared department spaces such as fax, copy and supply rooms.
- Coordinate departmental and management team meetings
- Communicate company policies, procedures and processes as applicable.
- Attend training classes to increase knowledge of software programs, company information, time management, or other skills as required
- Create, compose, and edit technical and/or administrative correspondence and documentation; screen and evaluate incoming and outgoing correspondence and prepare responses as appropriate.
- Assist stewarding department with administrative duties as needed.
KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES
- Proficient in the use of MS Office Suite programs (MSWord, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Working knowledge of Mastercook and maintaining on-line shared systems
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems, such as word processing, managing files and records, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology
- Ability to work independently, handle multiple tasks simultaneously and manage one's own time and the time of others
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to use discretion with regard to confidential matters
- Ability to give full attention to what other people are saying, take time to understand the points being made and ask questions as appropriate
- Ability to obtain and oversee the appropriate use of equipment, facilities, and materials needed to do certain work
- Ability to deal with challenging behaviors and conflicting priorities as necessary
- Serve as the communications "hub" for the culinary department, ensuring information flow to and from Executive Chef, Sous Chef, Jr. Sous Chefs and among the culinary colleagues.
- Ensure that workflow is handled for maximum efficiency. Be proactive in anticipating departmental needs, planning ahead and determining next steps
- Build rapport with other admin assistants in an effort to support and increase interdepartmental cooperation.
- Demonstrate the ability to act in a professional manner and maintain competency in a fast paced work environment
- Possess the ability to handle a multitude of projects simultaneously
- Maintain a professional and organized appearance of the department
- A minimum of 2 year in a previous administration position, preferably within a 5 star hotel
- Computer literacy a must, with a strong knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Excellent communication, both written and verbal, professional telephone manner and demeanor with a natural response to ‘smile’ on the phone.
Candidate should have excellent organizational skills.
Have ability to cope in a fast-paced environment and work under extreme pressure with minimal supervision.
- Minimum keyboarding skills of 40-50 words per minute.
Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in Ajman. We will assist successful applicants with the visa process and provide flights and accommodation.
APPLY TODAY: Whether you're launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!Job Level : Colleague Schedule : Full-time Shift : Day Job Travel : No Closing Date : 23.Sep.2016, 4:59:00 AM Job Number: AJM00503