Banquet Sales Manager
A Conference and Events (C and E) Sales Manager will assist in meeting and banquet efforts to maximise revenue, profit, and the satisfaction of Guests and vendor relations.
What will it be like to work for a Hilton Worldwide Brand?
Our Team Members are the Heart of Hilton. As extraordinary hospitality professionals, we work together to make Hilton a great place to work and to build rewarding careers for ourselves and our colleagues.
Hilton Worldwide is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton Worldwide has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton Worldwide is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its 13 global brands, which include Hilton Hotels & Resorts, Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, Conrad Hotels & Resorts, Canopy by Hilton, Curio A Collection by Hilton, DoubleTree by Hilton, Embassy Suites by Hilton, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton Hotels, Tru by Hilton, Homewood Suites by Hilton, Home2 Suites by Hilton and Hilton Grand Vacations. The company also manages the world-class guest reward program Hilton HHonors®.
At Hilton, our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all! Come be a part of our team!
What will I be doing?
As C and E Sales Manager, you will assist in meeting and banquet efforts to maximise revenue, profit, and the satisfaction of Guests and vendor relations. The C and E Assistant Sales Manager will develop the Team through the coordination of an onboarding plan and continued development efforts to ensure that the C and E and related Teams are fully prepared to offer an exceptional conference and event experience. Specifically, a C and E Sales Manager will perform the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Assist in maximising conference and banqueting revenue and profit through pro-active selling techniques, calendar/time management, and pricing strategy
- Ensure the highest standards of conference and banqueting business processes
- Ensure the C and E Sales Team has the skills and knowledge required for high-level performance
- Implement an effective selling strategy and ensure this strategy is understood and executed by all Team Members
- Ensure fairness in vendor selection and with vendor pricing, such that non-contracted customers receive the same rates (quotes) regardless of the chosen booking channel used
- Ensure company/department specific induction/onboarding plan for Revenue/C and E/ Reservations Managers is identified, executed, and in coordination with the relevant Human Resource Manager and Regional Director of Revenue
- Maintain consistent communication with the Training and Development department to ensure Teams at all levels are trained and developed through the use of structured training calendars and programs
- Maintain strong internal control of the working environment, such that it is always in compliance Hilton Worldwide and the Hotel brand's policies and procedures
- Ensure communication meetings occur and are accompanied by documentation/minutes on a monthly basis
- Manage staff performance in compliance with company policies and procedures
- Recruit, manage, train and develop the C and E Team
A Conference and Events Assistant Sales Manager serving Hilton Worldwide brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Demonstrated previous experience in similar role
- Proven commercial acumen
- Ability to demonstrate negotiation and influencing skills
- Effective management skills
- Ability to manage conflict effectively
- Positive attitude and excellent communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Previous experience working within the hospitality industry
- Commercial and industry knowledge