Lifeguard - (RD-SR-F-LG.16)
Full job details
Scope Of Work:
To assist guests and recreation members with the safe use of the poolside facilities ensuring service excellence at all times.
1. Keeps a vigilant eye on all swimming pools to ensure that all rules and regulation are strictly adhered to.
2. Rescues persons in difficulty in the water and performance first aid and CPR as required.
3. Ensures respiratory and rescue equipment is in good working order at all times and that the first aid box is up to date.
4. Ensure that the chemical composition of all swimming pools is to the standard required by conducting 3x daily checks of the chlorine and pH. Levels. Any variances to be reported to the Engineering Department immediately.
5. Removes debris from the surface of the pools i.e. leaves etc.
6. Assists the Pool Attendants with the daily vacuuming of the Swimming Pools, reporting any maintenance issues to Engineering Department immediately.
7. Assists the Pool Attendants with periodic deep cleaning of the Swimming Pools? grouting to prevent the growth of harmful algae.
8. Assists the Pool Attendants to ensure the cleanliness of poolside furniture, sun loungers, tables, chairs & umbrellas etc.
9. Demonstrates the 12-Service Excellence Basics.
10. Keeps updated with the latest life saving techniques and new products in the market.
11. Attends all hotel trainings as required.
12. Adheres to all HR and hotel policies and procedures.
13. Continually strives to improve self; knowledge and skills.
14. Be able to sell the hotel's products and promote sales within the hotel.
15. Actively participates in all hotel energy saving and recycling initiatives.
16. Attends meetings and daily briefings as required.
17. Ensures that the appropriate standards of conduct, dress, hygiene, uniform and appearance are maintained at all times.
18. Strictly adheres to the hotel's Policy on Confidentiality and Ethics.
19. To actively participate in all EHSMS requirements.
20. To carry out any additional tasks and projects as requested by the Recreation/Spa Supervisor/Spa & Recreation Manager.
Competencies & Skills
Impact & Influence
Learning and Continuous Development
Outgoing & Friendly
Patient & Kind
Sense of Humour
Knowledge & Language
Excellent Working Knowledge of Spa Treatments
Excellent Working Knowledge of Human Anatomy
Basic Spoken and Written English
Specialist Knowledge of Spa Treatments
Good Working Knowledge of Beauty/Spa Products
Intermediate Spoken and Written English
Industry Based Certifications
High School Graduate
First Aid Certified
Minimum of 1-Year Experience Working as a Life Guard
Minimum of 1-Year Experience Working as a Life Guard Within 5 Star Hotels