Baker - (FB-P-E-BKR.1)
Full job details
Scope Of Work:
Under the general guidance of Executive Sous Chef or delegate carries out all requests to ensure the smooth running of the bakery operation to the required standards and achieve maximum productivity.
1. Prepares bread, rolls, muffins, and biscuits according to recipe.
2. Check production schedule to determine variety and quantity of goods to bake.
3. Measure and mix ingredients to form dough or batter, following recipes.
4. Roll, cut, and shape dough to form rolls, pie crusts, tarts, cookies, and related products.
5. Cut, peel, and prepare fruit for pie fillings.
6. Place dough in pans, molds, or on sheets and bake in oven. Observe products while cooking and adjust controls.
7. Mix icings and other toppings and decorate cakes, pastries, and other baked goods.
8. Use a variety of kitchen tools, including electric mixers, pans, rolling pins, and cutting tools.
9. To demonstrate the 12-SEB’s and ensure the whole of the Kitchen department continually follows the same with.
10. Keeps updated about the latest trends in baking and discover new recipes for competitive challenges.
11. Provides feedback on performance of Commis Chefs working in the Pasty and Bakery Kitchen to the Executive Sous Chef for the purpose of performance appraisals.
12. Regularly provides feedback to Commis Chefs working in the Pasty and Bakery Kitchen to improve their skills and knowledge.
13. Personally conducts training for all Kitchen Colleagues as required.
14. Attends all required hotel trainings.
15. Adheres to all HR and hotel's policies and procedures.
16. Continually strives to improve self; knowledg and skills.
17. Contributes to achievement of maintaining food costs as per budget.
18. To minimize food wastage and spoilage.
19. Actively participates in energy saving and recycling initiatives.
20. Attends all Food & Beverage/Kitchen meetings and daily briefings as required.
21. Ensures that the appropriate standards of conduct, dress, hygiene, uniform and appearance are maintained of all colleagues within the Kitchen Department.
22. Ensures that the hotel FSMS Program is strictly implemented, including the cleanliness of all restaurants and bars, personal hygiene standards for all food handlers and monthly Hygiene Audits. (Please refer to HACCP Hygiene and Sanitation.)
23. Strictly adheres to the hotel’s Policy on Confidentiality and Ethics.
24. To ensure self and all Kitchen department colleagues actively participate in all EHSMS requirements.
25. To carry out any additional tasks and projects as requested by the Executive Sous Chef.
Competencies & Skills
Impact & Influence
Learning and Continuous Development
Outgoing & Friendly
Patient & Kind
Sense of Humour
Knowledge & Language
Excellent Working Knowledge of HACCP Systems and Requirements
Good Working Knowledge of Baking Systems
Intermediate Spoken and Written English
Good General Knowledge of Sculpting & Carving Techniques
Good General Knowledge of International Desserts
Advanced Spoken and Written English
High School Graduate
Industry Based Certifications
Certificate/Diploma in Catering/Kitchen Management
Minimum of 2-Years Experience in a Similar Capacity within 3 or 4 Star Hotels
Minimum of 1-Year Experience in a Similar Capacity within 5-Star Hotels