Duties & Functions:
- Manages the daily kitchen utility operations and employee. Areas of responsibilities include dish room operations, night cleaning, back dock cleaning and maintenance, banquet plating and food running. Supervises kitchen employees not actively engaged in cooking (e.g., dishwashers, kitchen helpers, etc.). Strives to continually improve guest and employee satisfaction while maintaining the operating budget.
- Orders and manages necessary supplies. Ensuring workers have supplies, equipment, tools, and uniforms necessary to do their jobs.
- Schedules events, programs, and activities, as well as the work of others.
- Monitors the inflow of ordered materials and the maintenance of current materials.
- Conducts china, glass and silver inventories.
- Controls inventories of food, equipment, small-ware and report shortages to designated personnel.
- Inspects supplies, equipment, and work areas in order to ensure efficient service and standards.
- Investigates reports and follows-up on employee accidents.
- Manages all equipment, china, glass and silver (e.g., adequate clean supplies of each).
- Supervises employee’s ability to follow loss prevention policies to prevent accidents and control costs.
- Enforces proper cleaning routines for service ware, equipment, floors, etc.
- Enforces proper use and cleaning of all dish room machinery.
- Ensures all food holding and transport equipment is in working order.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Ensures compliance with food handling and sanitation standards.
Specific Job Knowledge & Skills:
- Must have knowledge of Food and Beverage preparation techniques, health department rules and regulations
- GCC Experience is must
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English and Arabic is must
- Must have an excellent knowledge of HACCP standards
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Ability to multitask, work in a fast paced environment and have a high level attention to detail
- Maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments