Officer, Cost Audit
At Atlantis The Palm, Dubai, we strive to create a destination experience that’s not only unforgettable throughout each customer’s stay, but truly memorable for a lifetime. Would you like to be a part of our team?
As a result of continuous growth and development, we have a unique opportunity for a Cost Audit Officer to join our team of Finance professionals.
The Cost Audit Officer is to ensure the completeness and accuracy of all inventory type costs on a timely basis, which includes food & beverage, operating supplies, Resort operated retail and others as defined by the Assistant Manager Cost Audit / Director Finance.
The following duties will also be undertaken in the role;
- Controls the resorts bar inventory (especially in the night), to ensure stocks are managed efficiently - applies qualitative and quantitative techniques to interpret the data and produce substantiated recommendations.
- Participate in all of the special events that take place in the resort and make sure all controls are in place.
- To conduct weekly full inventory in other Bars and timely submission of variance reports with comments.
- To verify the Variance report with bar in charge within two days from the date of inventory and submit the final outcome after the verification.
- Undertakes Cashier spot checks and reviews in timely manner.
- Supervise monthly inventories, in conjunction with other department employees, test-check counts, update the accounting system, review discrepancies with the relevant departments and report accordingly to the Assistant Cost Manager.
- Review and report on slow moving and obsolete stock.
- Bring to the attention of and review with the Assistant Cost Audit Manager any unusual transactions or deficiencies as identified.
- Use initiative to query and follow through on unusual transactions and undertake other audit techniques to assist with verifying the completeness and accuracy of the costs.
- Assist as required with the month-end Accounts process to ensure the Accounts are prepared within the required timetable and are as accurate as possible.
The successful candidate must also possess the following to be considered;
- Bachelor’s degree in a Finance related field
- Strong analytical skills.
- Understanding of business/financial analysis.
- Technical understanding of business planning processes.
- Ability to meet demanding deadlines.
- Excellent research skills, strong interpersonal skills and the ability to think creatively and interact at all levels of the organization.
This position requires a dynamic person to join a culture of 80 plus nationalities, where you will be a part of a large team that creates an environment where people strive to do their best. Understanding the company’s vision and demonstrating its core values will be highly regarded.