- Reports directly to the Concierge.
- Provides any kind of assistance to Guests.
- Provides assistance to relevant departments during functions, banquets and other events in house.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure that the Lobby and front entrance are kept clean, paying special attention to all glass areas and the main doors as well as emptying ashtrays when required.
- Collect messages from Marian Service Centre and record them in the recording book. Messages should then be delivered in the required standard time.
- Ensure that all deliveries for Guests and colleagues are correctly recorded and then delivered to the correct destination in a timely fashion.
- Maintain a presence in the Lobby when not delivering luggage to guest rooms, offering assistance to Guests, under the direction of the Concierge or Duty Manager.
- Undertake the duties and responsibilities of the Doorman, as directed by the Concierge and/or Duty Manager.
- Ensure all luggage is collected from guestrooms within the standard time.
- Ensure that all luggages is delivered immediately as instructed by Duty Manager or Concierge and placed in the room to the correct standard.
- Handle all Guest property with extreme care.
- To assist with room changes as directed by the Duty Manager.
- Ensure that all long term Guest luggage is stored correctly and receipted in the correct manner.
- Ensure that guest elevators are only used when is absolutely necessary and when deliveries to guestrooms are of an urgent nature - this will be deemed by the Concierge.
- To assist in the departmental training of new colleagues
- Be aware of all functions that are taking place in the hotel and to direct guests to the correct destination.
- Display an attitude of friendliness, courtesy and sincerity to all Guests (both internal and external), making them feel welcome and at ease, using guest names at every given opportunity
- Be fully aware of all restaurants and services in the Hotel, being knowledgeable of opening times, type of cuisine and dress code.
- Maintain amicable and co-operative working relations with other departments in the Hotel.
- Comply with all Health and Safety legislation, using working practices that are safe and sensible to your colleagues and to yourself
- Be aware of the departmental schedule and to always be on time for duty
- Proficient in English (verbal & written).
- Must be able to handle a multitude of tasks in an intense, ever-changing environment while remaining calm and collective
- Must be flexible in terms of working hours and willing to work overnight
- Prior experience in customer service is an asset
- Must be able to lift up to 25kg