Administrator, Retail - Madinat Jumeirah Resort
Full job details
At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and equal opportunity, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 100 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, Africa the Middle East.
Madinat Jumeirah - The Arabian Resort of Dubai is a magnificent tribute to Dubai's heritage with two grand boutique hotels, Arabian summer houses, the exclusive Malakiya Villas, over 40 world-class restaurants and bars, a traditional souk, 3km of waterways with abras, the region's leading conference and banqueting centre, 2km of private beach, the award-winning Talise Spa, and the superlative Talise Fitness health club.About the Role
An exciting position has arisen for a passionate and enthusiastic individual to join the Retail department in Madinat Jumeirah Resort. The main purpose of this role is to provides overview of administrative functions that support the operations of the department. Manage databases, records, provides communication and coordinate with customers, management, suppliers and other departments to resolve technical and administrative issues.
Your main duties will include the following:
- Register new suppliers and coordinate with Supply Chain and Logistics.
- Coordinate with Storekeeper and raise PRs on time to avoid out of stock situation.
- Follow up deliveries with suppliers and keep updated storekeeper.
- Prepare necessary documents, coordinate with supplier and Finance department to process payments .
- Once products are ready to be shipped from supplier, coordinate with supplier, Supply Chain department and shipping company with regards to inspection and documentation.
- Coordinate with supplier, supply chain, store keeper and Finance for product quotation, creating Adaco, ICG and Micros codes and putting in the system.
- Coordinate with Head of the Departments in regards to product selling price.
- Prepare consignment contract, handle consignment deliveries, inventories and payments.
- Prepare IOUs for the department's petty cash.
- Help in the operation if needed.
- Communicate and coordinate with other departments regarding cross charges and other operational issues.
- Arrange and monitor the par stock level of Stamps, Mobile cards and Gift certificates.
- Prepare monthly Gift vouchers sales report.
- Arrange, issue and keep record of Miscellaneous vouchers.
- Keep enough stock of necessary stationeries.
- File colleagues Human Resources documents such as leave applications, cick leaves, passport requisitions, appraisals, disciplinary documents.
- Monitor daily attendance sheet, update daily plus/minus hours and keep proper record of accrued and pending PHs, LDs, vacation.
- Keep proper record of accrued and pending PHs, LDs, vacation.
- Ability to do multi-tasks and work cooperatively with others.
Qualifications and Experience:
- In order to be considered for this role you will ideally possess a minimum high school diploma or higher education.
- Relevant knowledge of secretarial and administration processes and policies.
- Previous experience in Hotel operations.
- Must be able to speak up and drive new processes within the existing system, in terms of documentation handling and circulating.
- Well groomed and presented, understands administrative functions well, so must past experience of atleast 2 - 3 years in an administration role.
- Has good analytical and basic financial skills, well versed with MS Office packages.
- Good English both spoken and written.
- Oracle-users preferred.
- Opera, Delphi, Synxis, highly preferred.
- Has an excellent written and verbal communication in English.
- Ability to work in a team, initiative, creativity, flexibility, Mature personality, flexible, team player, customer service oriented.
- Friendly and positive attitude.
- Efficient, effective and possesses strong administration/ organization skills.
- Highly motivated, who enjoys being busy and working in a team.