Laundry Attendant, Laundry - Madinat Jumeirah Resort
Full job details
At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and equal opportunity, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 100 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, Africa the Middle East.
Madinat Jumeirah - The Arabian Resort of Dubai is a magnificent tribute to Dubai's heritage with two grand boutique hotels, Arabian summer houses, the exclusive Malakiya Villas, over 40 world-class restaurants and bars, a traditional souk, 3km of waterways with abras, the region's leading conference and banqueting centre, 2km of private beach, the award-winning Talise Spa, and the superlative Talise Fitness health club.About the role
An exciting role has arisen in Laundry department at Madinat Jumeirah for a highly motivated and hardworking individual. The main purpose of this position is to perform duties in his/her assigned section with diligence and pride to the satisfaction of the guest in the hotel and to the standards defined in the Laundry SOP's.
Your main duties includes:
- Report to duties on time with complete uniform.
- Sort out all soiled linens into different wash load.
- Use correct formula program for wash process.
- Operate all laundry machines correctly as per operating manuals.
- All guest and staff laundry must be checked and tagged by the marking machine.
- Make sure to use the correct colour marking tape when marking guest and staff laundry.
- All the uniforms must be checked and processed in the correct wash formula.
- Guest and colleague laundry should be pressed correctly always maintaining quality.
- Make sure all the guest laundry is checked and packed before delivery.
- Items should be thoroughly checked and stains to be treated before washing/dry-clean.
- Make sure all the production sheets are filled out correctly.
- Attend the training program as per training confirmations.
- Pick up and deliver all guest laundry items in a timely and professional manner.
- Aware of and applies the guiding principles at all times.
- Keep the laundry clean and tidy.
- Use equipment and chemicals in the correct manner as detailed in the Material Data Sheets, on the equipment/ container/ in SOPs.
- Keeps equipment clean and in good condition.
- Ask for advice prior to using any unfamiliar equipment or chemical.
- Executes any other task that may be required by the department.
- Controls the usage of guest amenities, laundry chemicals and supplies as well as uniforms and linen ensuring that there is no misuse.
In order to be considered for this role you must have at least 1 year experience as a Laundry Attendant in a 5-star hotel or its equivalent. You must be at least high school graduate and able to communicate effectively in English.