Guest Services Assistant-Front Office (Arabic Speaker)- Jumeirah Messilah Beach Hotel & Spa, Kuwait
Full job details
At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and equal opportunity, employing over 10,000 colleagues from over 90 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, South America, Africa, USA and the Middle East.
Jumeirah Messilah Beach Hotel & Spa is a luxurious beachfront development that will feature 317 rooms and suites, 80 serviced apartments and 12 chalets. Guests of the hotel will also have access to 9 distinguished restaurants and lounges, a Talise spa, 200 meter private beach, swimming pool and children's play area, in addition to extensive conference and banqueting facilities.About the Role
An exciting opportunity to ensure all guests are served and cared for through efficient operation of the Front Office, and to ensure they are fully informed of all services and facilities available at the hotel.
Main duties include:
- Answer all calls in prompt and efficient manner as per hotel standards
- Transfer calls to related parties or take and convey message when concerned party is not available
- Must be knowledgeable of the products and services of the hotel
- To be able to receive, handle and convey to Duty Manager and to concerned department any requests or complaints received from guests and customers
- Check the wake up calls sheet and alarm clock, if it has been set according to wake up calls timing requests.
- To be fully aware of the emergency procedures of the hotel
- Regularly update hotel telephone directory list
- To be able to prepare daily reports related to the telephones department operation ( i.e. international calls, fax, maintenance request etc.)
- Reports to duty punctually in clean uniform with the name tag and shining shoes.
- Read the log books and note down the relevant information to be implemented.
- Check the departments and duty manager’s roster.
- Check the duty mobiles and verify their list plus charges.
- Check the information notice boards if updated.
- Check the arrival and departure lists for in-house guests
- Check the telephone room if it is clean and tidy and all the systems are in good working condition
- Check the telephone and fax traffic sheets and verify if all calls have been recorded in proper manner.
- Make telephone monthly report at the end of every month and forward it to accounts.
As the successful Guest Services Assistant, you will ideally have previous Front Office / Telephone Operator experience within a high quality luxury hotel operation and a passion for providing exceptional customer service.
You will possess good computer skills and be efficient and effective in your daily administration tasks. You will possess excellent interpersonal skills and will be fluent in reading, writing and speaking the English language and ideally other languages also. You will demonstrate a positive, confident and enthusiastic manner and immaculate presentation.