Team Leader, Housekeeping - Madinat Jumeirah Resort
Full job details
At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and equal opportunity, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 100 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, Africa the Middle East.
Madinat Jumeirah - The Arabian Resort of Dubai is a magnificent tribute to Dubai's heritage with two grand boutique hotels, Arabian summer houses, the exclusive Malakiya Villas, over 40 world-class restaurants and bars, a traditional souk, 3km of waterways with abras, the region's leading conference and banqueting centre, 2km of private beach, the award-winning Talise Spa, and the superlative Talise Fitness health club.About the role
An exciting role has arisen in the Housekeeping department at Madinat Jumeirah for a highly motivated and hardworking individual. The main purpose of this position is to monitor the cleaning of the guest rooms and public areas, keeping the guest floors and pantries to the standard of cleanliness. Divide the work equally amongst the room attendants and provide them with the support and equipment needed.
Your main duties will include:
- Liaises and cooperate with front office to ensure all areas are ready as per the needs of the department.
- Liaises with banqueting and the food and beverage department in order to ensure all areas are ready as per the needs of the department.
- Is constantly aware of the room status to obtain maximum vacant rooms for sale.
- Liaise and cooperate with the engineering department for all maintenance repairs to be done in the various areas.
- Completes daily checks of all guest rooms on allocated section and report discrepancies found.
- Checks VIP rooms prior to guest arrival and thereafter daily to ensure that the standard is maintained for the duration of the guest stay.
- Ensures that pantries are properly stocked with linen, guest supplies, cleaning supplies according to the established par stock.
- Ensures all deep cleaning programmes are carried out as per set schedules.
- Ensures that plants and flowers are looking fresh and in good condition and to inform the florist of any touch ups that need to be done.
- Understands and adheres to all fire safety procedures.
- Carries out other duties assigns by the Executive Housekeeper/ Housekeeping Manager.
- Is aware of the company's Quality Policy, Vision, Mission Statement, Guiding Principles and Hallmarks and ensures that these are put into practice in our daily work activities.
- Communicate new or amended procedures to relevant departments/ colleagues in a timely manner, ensuring they have been understood.
- Control department forms and records according to the Jumeirah standards for Document Control.
- To train and coach all housekeeping attendants according to the monthly training plan set-up by the departmental trainer.
- Assists in all inventories, which are conducted on a monthly or quarterly basis.
- Allocates room to housekeeping attendants according to the system implemented in the hotel.
- Ensures that a complete handover is done at the end of every shift, logging any relevant information or requests.
In order to be considered for this role you must have at least 2 years experience as Team Leader or similar role in a 5 star hotel. You must have certificate/diploma or degree in Hospitality Management with excellent English skills. You must have excellent knowledge in chemicals and equipment used in Housekeeping. You must be a task trainer or able to handle trainings. Basic knowledge in Opera - Housekeeping is an added advantage.