Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. is one of the leading hotel and leisure companies in the world with more than 1,300 properties in over 100 countries and over 180,000 employees at its owned and managed properties. Starwood is a fully integrated owner, operator and franchisor of hotels, resorts and residences under the renowned brands: St. Regis®, The Luxury Collection®, W®, Westin®, Le Méridien®, Sheraton®, Tribute Portfolio™, Four Points® by Sheraton, Aloft®, Element®, along with an expanded partnership with Design Hotels™. The Company also boasts one of the industry’s leading loyalty programs, Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG®). Please visit www.starwoodhotels.com for more information.
Nestled near the turquoise waters of the Arabian Gulf where white sandy beaches dazzle in the sun, Ajman Saray is the first beach-side Luxury Collection Resort in the Middle East. Located on a pristine stretch of Ajman coast, the resort is an accessible retreat, just a short drive from major International airports and the Emirates of Dubai, Sharjah and Umm al Quwain
The first Luxury Collection beach resort in the Middle East, offering an accessible retreat from the hustle and bustle of the city. Located on a pristine stretch of Ajman coast, the hotel is a short drive from major International airports and Dubai, Sharjah and Umm al Quwain.
205 inviting rooms and suites offer all the comforts desired by the modern global explorer, combined with refined elegance, exquisite décor and sea or city views.
Active guests will enjoy a variety of water sports, plus a modern gym and memorable spa experience. Younger guests will find the kids club a stimulating retreat. Local cultural and historic attractions are a short drive away.
Exceptional culinary experiences, with all-day Mediterranean dining, Middle Eastern fare, fresh seafood and relaxed pool-side barbeques. The lobby bar and equestrian lounge offer an ideal indoor retreat.
Matchless meetings, events and social gatherings with a sophisticated, spacious ballroom and 6 well-appointed event venues with natural daylight and stunning resort & sea views.
• To maintain high level of guest telephone contact skills while promoting the Hotel, our Restaurants, and the Spa through good selling and communication skills.
• To achieve an optimum level of occupancy and average room rate to best yield revenue and to ensure budgeted targets are met.
• To be fully conversant with all market segment and rate plans, together with special rates and packages.
• To maximize room revenues, and create additional revenue, by utilizing effective Upselling techniques.
• To comply at all times with the Reservations European Core Standards and the Hotel Standards and Procedures.
• To liase daily with the Reservations and Revenue Manager regarding business on the books and the strategy for the day.
• To attend the Daily Sales Meeting with the Events team to communicate results, ensuring the information is accurate at all times.
• To attend and participate in the monthly Sales Strategy and Brainstorming meeting, Reservations Feedback meetings and other departmental activities as required.
• To deal with faxes, correspondence checking (VIP’s, regular guest, SPG’s…), group allocations, and to respond to guest requests on a daily basis.
• To handle customer queries and complaints relating to the Reservations Department.
• To complete the Free sale charts on a weekly basis for companies with rooms on allocation.
• To maintain a high standard of communication with all departments.
• To host Client dinners with the Sales Team and be involved in client entertainment as required.
• To actively and consistently enroll Starwood Preferred Guest Members to develop brand loyalty and to meet departmental targets.
• To complete additional tasks as and where directed by the Reservations Manager, or in their absence, the Revenue Manager or Director of Sales.
• To generate Sales Leads for potential Corporate Accounts.
• To participate in Community Action Initiatives within the Hotel.
• To participate in PROGRESS or STAR teams focusing on improving guest satisfaction.
• To achieve targeted scores in all Test Call programmes assisting the Hotel to maintain its ratings.
• To ensure Profiles are maintained, merged and updated on a regular basis to provide accurate Company, Agent and Individual Guest information as directed by the Reservations Co-ordinator.
• To maintain the Reservation files in an up to date and accurate manner.
• To work closely with Front Desk and Events to maximise Guest Satisfaction.
• To access HOTSPOT on a daily basis and remain updated about company happenings.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Must be able to speak, write and converse freely in English
• Must be able to speak, write and converse freely in the language spoken in the area
• Must be able to speak in one additional language other than the first two
• Must be able to sit 8hrs a day while maintaining a smile and positive attitude
• Must be proactive
• High school diploma required, additional hospitality or butler training preferred.
• At least 1 year of experience within the hospitality industry.
• All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance per Starwood standards.