Events Manager (Arabic Speakers)
Shangri-La Hotel Doha is one of Qatar’s newest and most luxurious hotels. It is uniquely located at the city’s commercial heart in a magnificent position overlooking the Arabian Gulf offering a direct access to the prestigious shopping and entertainment of the Doha City Center Complex.
The hotel offers a rare combination of convenience, luxury and a timeless experience in a location second to none.
ARE YOU HAPPY WITH OK?
It takes a special kind of person to work at Shangri-La:
Someone with an eye for details and the skills to perform;
Someone with an attitude to deliver and a passion to delight.
Are you Shangri-La?
- Responds and manages all incoming groups and events inquiries as distributed by DOEM in adhering to the service standards.
- Responsible for sales negotiating, closing the business and signing sales contracts.
- Be aware of regional, national and industry wide events or exhibitions for sales forecast and business pick up.
- Effectively sells function space to maximize events revenue.
- Work directly with the organizers on their events programs and requirements in order to provide professional advice to facilitate and assist on their planning.
- Diploma/degree in Hospitality Management
- Excellent communication skills in English & Arabic (oral and written) and good trainer
- Creative with excellent computer skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Micros and Requisition Systems)
- Strategic approach to design appropriate strategies for the specific environment of the organization and to make changes that maintain the required level of competitiveness.
- Proactive, organized and result oriented
- Positive role model, able to lead and motivate the team.
- Sensitive to guest and employee needs