Crowne Plaza Resort Salalah - Sous Chef (Arabic Cuisine)
Full job details
you see yourself as Sous Chef?
At Crowne Plaza® Hotels & Resorts our goal
is to make business travel work. That’s where YOU come in. When you’re part of
the Crowne Plaza Hotels & Resorts brand you’re more than just a job title.
At Crowne Plaza we look for people who are
dynamic, confident and ambitious; people who excel in their role and help our
guests succeed too.
Plaza Resort Salalah sets in 45 acres of private tropical gardens and on a long
stretch of pristine sandy beach. the resort enjoys an ideal location for
Business, Meetings & Events and leisure Traveler's. Recline on a well-lit
beach and by the pool with sumptuous cuisine at the relaxing Crowne Plaza
warm welcome from friendly Omani staff as you cross 42 acres of lush,
landscaped gardens and enter into the gleaming lobby of Crowne Plaza Resort
Salalah. We'll show you to your room or suite, or point you towards our 3
interconnecting pools, tennis and squash courts or par-3 garden golf course.
shuttle bus whisks you from Salalah International Airport to Crowne Plaza
Resort Salalah in 10 minutes. We combine a resort getaway with easy access to
the centre of Salalah, just 10 minutes' drive away. Lush hotel gardens lead to
the gentle turquoise waters, lapping against beach.
drawn to our night-time attractions, from sumptuous themed buffets on the white
sand at Dolphin Beach Restaurant to Arabic singers and disco nights at Al-Luban
nightclub. Al-Khareef Pub, with its rich wood and stained glass, is a homely
space serving draught beers and nightly live entertainment. Dine al fresco on
the Arabic-style terrace of Darbat restaurant or sip cocktails at the Pool Bar.
Join us as a Sous Chef. Every memorable dining experience at Crowne Plaza
Resort Salalah begins behind the scenes with our Culinary professional’s
commitment to safety, efficient operations and exceptional cuisine. The care
and quality you devote to food preparation as Sous Chef will result in a remarkable experience that
will delight our guests. You’ll have ambition, talent and obviously, some key skills. For this vital role, we’re
looking for someone who will be responsible to:
planning and directing food preparation in the kitchen, supervise kitchen
• He will
be responsible to effectively discipline under performing staff members, as well as responsible for
staff duty roster.
• Maintains food handling and sanitation standards.
• Oversees production and preparation of culinary items.
• Ensures employees keep their work areas clean and sanitary.
• Works with Restaurant and Banquet departments to coordinate
service and timing of events and meals.
• Complies with loss prevention policies and procedures.
• Strives to improve service performance.
• Leads shifts while personally preparing food items and
executing requests based on required specifications.
• Prepares and cooks foods of all types, either on a regular
basis or for special guests or functions.
• Supervises and coordinates activities of cooks and workers
engaged in food preparation.
• Checks the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure
that standards are met.
• Assists in determining how food should be presented and
creates decorative food displays.
• Supervises daily shift operations.
• Ensures all employees have proper supplies, equipment and
• Supervises staffing levels to ensure that guest service,
operational needs and financial objectives are met.
• Ensures completion of assigned duties.
• Participates in the employee performance appraisal process,
giving feedback as needed.
• Handles employee questions and concerns.
• Communicates performance expectations in accordance with job
descriptions for each position.
• Participates in an on-going employee recognition program.
• Conducts training when appropriate.
• Monitors employee's progress towards meeting performance
• Handles guest problems and complaints seeking assistance from
supervisor as necessary.
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service
In return we'll give you a competitive financial
and benefits package. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access
to a wide variety of discount schemes and the chance to work with a great team
of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
what's your passion? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your
individual skills to IHG.
Preferred candidate should be a college /
university degree graduate with a minimum of two years experiences in a similar
capacity / function in an international five star hotel with preferable
previous experiences in the Middle East; with strong background in HACCP
procedures and application. Importantly,
we are looking for a culinary expert with pride, passion and energy that can
support in leading and developing a great team and drive excellent food
quality. Having an eye for detail and creativity to look at things differently
will be a key to developing the Food and Beverage Experience. An outgoing
personality is also important whilst representing the Crowne Paza brand
promotionally and locally.
Ultimately, you will be able to demonstrate
excellent written and verbal communication in English. You will be a self-starter, hands-on leader
and you will be able to demonstrate understanding of the business and link the
business environment to IHG commitments; have a high level of drive for results
and ability to lead and motivate team members to achieve the results; will be
adaptable and flexible with the ability to build relationships in a
multi-cultural environment and gain trust and support of team members and
senior managers. You will have
exceptional planning, organizing and delegating skills with attention to
detail. You will have the ability to
exhibit strong decision making skills to deliver brand service standards
resulting in highest guest satisfaction.
You will possess a high level of integrity to lead by example and gain
respect of peers and colleagues.