Beverage Manager- Meliá Doha 5* Hotel
At Meliá Hotels International we value human and professional qualities. We work together to grow in a company that is the leader not only in our different lines of business but also in people management, one of our main foundations. For those reasons and because we know that you are talented, ambitious and are seeking to grow and improve as a professional, we are inviting you to come and achieve your dream with us.
A new journey begins…we invite you to be part of it!
As a Beverage Manager, you will be responsible in managing the outlet as a successful independent profit center, ensuring maximum guest & employee satisfaction in consistency with Meliá Standards, through planning, organizing, directing, training and controlling the Beverage operation and administration with the support of the Food & Beverage Director.
- Manages the Beverage team to include efficient staffing, employee development and training, performance management and policy enforcement.
- Remains up to date on current products and market trends.
- Assists in monitoring inventory and inventory controls to ensure that costs are kept to a minimum without losing quality and usage of materials.
- Create standard bar set ups in all outlets to maximize the efficiency of each bar operation.
- Constantly identify areas for improvement in service and food and beverage quality.
- Ensure beverage descriptions (beverage guide) and the Bar menu descriptions are up to date and distributed appropriately.
- Set up the required formats and carry out or supervise daily inventories of all bars.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Bachelor’s degree in hospitality management preferred.
Length and type of experience
- Five years food & beverage service management experience in Hotel.
- Pre-opening experience will be highly regarded.
Personal characteristics and competencies
- Possess a positive attitude.
- Strong beverage knowledge including wine.
- Strong Leader, Work well under pressure.
- Teamwork and planning for Business.
- Understanding Differences, Supervising operations and adaptability.
- Customer focus and result oriented.
- Capable of adapting to different cultures and ways of life.
Excellent verbal and written English communication skills and computer literacy / POS is a must