Pool Lifeguard - Crowne Plaza Doha - The Business Park
Full job details
Efficiently and effectively supervise the swimming pool facilities, constantly monitoring people’s actions and taking full control of water safety, ensuring all operating and emergency procedures are followed at all times. Ensure that the poolside and recreational areas are kept clean and safe from hazards and provide assistance to guests as required. All facilities are to be cleaned and maintained on a daily basis and any discrepancies are to be reported immediately to your supervisor.
At Crowne Plaza®, we want our guests to feel able to do their best, achieve their goals and be recognized for their success. To help them, we need you to stay One Step Ahead and:
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Makes sure the swimming pool is clean.
2. Makes sure the sun loungers are clean, in the correct position and in working order.
3. To constantly monitor swimming pool activity.
4. To assist anybody who is in difficulty in and around the pool area.
5. To regularly check the temperature of the pool to ensure they are at set standard.
6. Ensures the pool deck is always clean of any debris during the operation.
7. When setting up in the morning – to make sure that the pool deck is swept and watered down and that all furniture is in correct place.
8. Ensures that the umbrellas are fixed properly to their units.
9. Ensures that when the umbrellas are not in use, they are tidied down for safety precautions.
10. To give guest assistance with umbrellas and furniture for re-arranging when needed.
11. To assist in First Aid.
12. To clear all dirty towels and hand them to reception for laundry.
13. To conduct swimming lessons if required.
14. Any lost and found item to make sure it is noted in the logbook and handed over to Housekeeping Lost and Found Department.
15. To report any guest’s feedback, comments or complaints to your Department Head immediately
16. To give help to your Associates and Supervisor when needed.
17. To report for work on time in the correct uniform.
18. To attend all briefing and meetings when required.
19. To know the rules and regulations of the club and how to deal with guest applications on memberships.
20. To observe high standards of personal hygiene.
21. To be flexible in assisting around different areas of the hotel.
22. To have all knowledge of club facilities and prices.
1. Comply with Hotel Rules and Regulations and provisions contained in the Employment Handbook
2. Comply with Company Grooming Standards at all times to portray a professional image of self and the hotel.
3. Comply with Time and Attendance Policies set by the hotel.
4. Actively participate in training and development programs and maximize opportunities for self-development
5. Demonstrate understanding and awareness of all policies and procedures relating to Health, Hygiene and Fire Life Safety
6. Familiarize yourself with emergency and evacuation procedures
7. Ensure all security incidents, accidents and near misses are always logged in a timely manner and brought to the attention of the Line Manager
8. Comply with the Company’s Corporate Code of Conduct
9. Familiarize self with the company values (Great Hotels Guests Love) and model desired behaviors (Winning Ways, Room to be Yourself) and ways of working (IHG Wheel).
10. Perform all tasks as directed by the Manager in pursuit of the achievement of business goals
The above is designed to help you in the understanding of the role and is not intended to be a definite list of your duties, as flexibility in meeting company and guest needs is required by all employees