Shift Leader (HGR)
Qualifications & Experience:
- Diploma in any Engineering Course
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in 5 star hotel or hospitality property as Engineering Supervisor or equivalent.
- Requires a thorough knowledge of electrical and mechanical operation and layout of a large building. Should have background in all phases of hotel operation.
- Supervisory and Leadership Skills
- Good communication (verbal and written) and problem solving
- Thorough knowledge of fire and safety procedure and equipment.
- Install, maintain, perform preventative maintenance on, and recommend replacement of tools, appliances, and equipment.
- Ensures efficient operation and maintenance of all equipment installed in the hotel.
- Perform routine inspections on a daily basis within the property and records the conditions of all equipment & machineries; and reports any substandard / breakdown and defect to maintenance engineer.
- Supervise the technicians within the shift and ensure that all complaints, requests and maintenance are allocated and attended in a prompt and in standard manner.
- Supervise the works / projects of the outside contractors in the property.
- Make sure that the Engineering operation is completely manned at all times and do necessary adjustment on the duty roster as needed during emergencies. Inform the Engineering Coordinator / Secretary and management for the same.
- Order, mark, and stock parts and supplies as needed.
- Inspect tools, equipment, or machines on a regular basis.
- Assist management in hiring, training, scheduling, evaluating, counselling, disciplining, and motivating and coaching employees; and serve as a role model
- Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report maintenance problems, safety hazards, accidents, or injuries; complete safety training and certifications; and properly store flammable materials.
- Anticipate and address guests' service needs.
- Speak with others using clear and professional language, and prepare and review written documents accurately and completely.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others, and listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees.
- Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards, and identify, recommend, develop, and implement new ways to increase organizational efficiency, productivity, quality, safety, and/or cost-savings.
- Report emergencies in the case of faults with gas, electric and water supply, or where not immediately available technical services or regular contractors, and report minor faults on site to the Manager.
- Do the Shift report through email and verbal to engineering management and ensure proper endorsement and communication are done to the next shift for complaints, important information and follow-up.
- Do regular training to fellow associates.
- Contribute to the hotel’s profitability by ensuring the compliant to the hotel’s environmental policy and buildings environmental controls and energy conservation systems at all times.
- Any other duties as directed by the management
- Ensuring all food hygiene and health and safety regulations are strictly adhered to and implements any legislation as required by UAE Law