Hostess - Crowne Plaza Doha - The Business Park
Full job details
The Restaurant Hostess is responsible for dealing with guests seating requirements in the restaurant in a courteous, charming and professional sales-oriented manner to both internal and external guests.
To welcome and seat the customers promptly by allocating them evenly in the restaurant under the general guidance and direction of the Outlet Manager, or his/her delegate and within the limits of the established InterContinental Hotels Group policies and procedures.
At Crowne Plaza®, we want our guests to feel able to do their best, achieve their goals and be recognized for their success. To help them, we need you to stay One Step Ahead and:
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Welcome and seats guests promptly in the restaurant.
2. Promote all menu items and special promotions.
3. Ensure guests are thanked on leaving the restaurant after dining.
4. Allocate tables according to group sizes in order to achieve highest possible occupancy of seats and comes back at the restaurant entrance as fast as possible to welcome other guests.
5. Ensure that all menu items are sold at the correct selling price ensuring that the planned profitability is secured.
6. Take guests orders for first drinks, provides menus and passes orders to Outlet Supervisor or team member.
7. Ensure that effective communication is carried out with all employees, while keeping an effective communication with your superior.
8. Ensure that all vital communication is recorded in written form.
9. Report any guest complaints to the supervisor on duty.
10. Ensure that the monthly one to one meeting with the Outlet Manager is kept and that all documentation is up to date.
11. Ensure the quality and cleanliness of food signage, a la carte menus, beverage lists and tent cards are maintained in good condition at all times.
12. Take guests reservations as per the hotel's standards.
13. Keep records of all reservations, number of covers per day and regular guests’ preferences, e.g. certain seating areas etc.
14. Keep a record of regular guests with their contacts so as to up-date them on new happenings in the hotel.
15. Ensure that tables have clean beverage lists, table numbers, healthy options and other table materials as required by the hotel standard.
16. Maintain an attentive posture and abstains from unnecessary discussions with other members of colleagues.
17. Establish and follow personal development plan.
18. Perform any other duties as may be assigned by your superior from time to time.
19. Confirm restaurant functions with banquet sales and also any other internal/external bookings.
1. Comply with Hotel Rules and Regulations and provisions contained in the Employment Handbook
2. Comply with Company Grooming Standards at all times to portray a professional image of self and the hotel.
3. Comply with Time and Attendance Policies set by the hotel.
4. Actively participate in training and development programs and maximize opportunities for self-development
5. Demonstrate understanding and awareness of all policies and procedures relating to Health, Hygiene and Fire Life Safety
6. Familiarize yourself with emergency and evacuation procedures
7. Ensure all security incidents, accidents and near misses are always logged in a timely manner and brought to the attention of the Line Manager
8. Comply with the Company’s Corporate Code of Conduct
9. Familiarize self with the company values (Great Hotels Guests Love) and model desired behaviors (Winning Ways, Room to be Yourself) and ways of working (IHG Wheel).
10. Perform all tasks as directed by the Manager in pursuit of the achievement of business goals