Full job details
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. is one of the leading hotel and leisure companies in the world with more than 1,300 properties in over 100 countries and over 180,000 employees at its owned and managed properties. Starwood is a fully integrated owner, operator and franchisor of hotels, resorts and residences under the renowned brands: St. Regis®, The Luxury Collection®, W®, Westin®, Le Méridien®, Sheraton®, Tribute Portfolio™, Four Points® by Sheraton, Aloft®, Element®, along with an expanded partnership with Design Hotels™. The Company also boasts one of the industry’s leading loyalty programs, Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG®). Please visit www.starwoodhotels.com for more information.
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Under the guidance of the DDOS responsible for maximising rooms / F&B / Conference and Banqueting business from a defined account base. Proactively uncovering new prospects for the property and maximising conversion of business in line with the Hotels’ budgetary goals. This position is considered to be a key role within the Sales structure, and requires a high degree of self-motivation and the ability to work unsupervised using own initiative. Representing Starwood Hotels worldwide, promoting the quality image of the company at every opportunity, and uncovering additional leads for Starwood Hotels & Resorts through Team Hot.
• Working closely with DDOS to achieve both personal revenue goals (by working towards an agreed Masters target) and the budgeted goals of the Property.
• Proactively manage a pre-determined number of key accounts, key prospects and other active accounts to ensure maximum yield in rooms and banqueting revenue in line with budgetary objectives.
• Maintain valid call objectives and relevant action plans for each key account/key prospect and ensure all follow up is executed in a timely manner.
• Proactively sourcing and prospecting new accounts for the Property, and following the sales process through to convert into ‘producing’ accounts.
• To attend any trade fairs as a representative of Starwood Hotels, ensuring that the quality image of the organisation is portrayed, and that every opportunity is taken to promote the Property.
• Completion of sales reporting in line with expectations and according to instruction.
• To take personal responsibility for understanding the sales plan and the required budgetary guidelines of the Hotel, to enable empowered decisions in all rate negotiations.
• Communicating client requirements in a timely and accurate manner to all internal departments as required, ensuring delivery of superior guest service.
• Re-negotiation of rate agreements within budgetary guidelines for all managed accounts within agreed time frames.
• To maintain superior levels of sales activity in line with the expectations of leadership.
• Ensuring accurate follow up and communication both internally to reservations and accounting departments, and confirmation to client.
• Ensure property rates sheets are accurate at all times.
• Ensure relevant Starwood forms/tools are completed e.g. Lanyon, KAM etc.
• To accurately complete all Global Preference, SET Preferred rate agreements ensuring KAM account base is kept up to date, including Global Access and Locally Negotiated accounts.
• To actively support and promote Starwood Sales programmes such as Team Hot, SPG, SPP, Starchoice etc. to reach established targets and ensure appropriate administration is completed on Starwood One etc for these programmes to meet company guidelines
• Compile and execute quarterly sales action plans as agreed with leadership and communicate any obstacles to completing action plans to the DDOS.
• To complete a production review of account base in line with expectations.
• To arrange and manage familiarisation trips and educational trips in line with business needs.
• To take responsibility for agreed projects outlined within the individual PMP and support DOS/DDOS with any additional projects as required.
• To understand and be in a position to action any group and events enquiries and ensure accurate hand over and follow up to Events Teams.
• Proactively respond to any Group/banqueting requests, checking space/rates in Delphi and communicating to Events Managers for further follow up.
• To have a full understanding of Sales related tools and systems..
• Weekly Activity Report and future week’s activity to be given to DDOS and DOS as instructed.
- Must be proficient in writing, speaking and negotiating in English and at least one additional language.
- Local language knowledge is a plus.
- Must pass the Sales Select Test.