Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. is one of the leading hotel and leisure companies in the world with more than 1,270 properties in some 100 countries and over 180,000 employees at its owned and managed properties. Starwood is a fully integrated owner, operator and franchisor of hotels, resorts and residences under the renowned brands: St. Regis®, The Luxury Collection®, W®, Westin®, Le Méridien®, Sheraton®, Tribute Portfolio™, Four Points® by Sheraton, Aloft®, Element®, along with an expanded partnership with Design Hotels™. The Company also boasts one of the industry’s leading loyalty programs, Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG®).
W Dubai - Sheikh Zayed Road
Turn up the heat at W Dubai - Al Habtoor City, where style visionaries and cultural connoisseurs converge to redefine what’s new on the global stage. Part of the booming metropolis’ largest integrated urban resort, 33 floors of ever-evolving creative energy soar above bustling Sheikh Zayed Road and the new Dubai Water Canal.
Revel in level upon level of sensational elements, whether the 356 guestrooms and suites transforming sweet dreams into reality, epicurean pleasures, or sophisticated socializing. For momentous occasions, more than 1,000 square meters of function space can be configured to project maximum impact. But first, zoom up to the Welcome Desk on the 30th floor, where you’ll check in to panoramic views of shimmering skyline.
With our signature Whatever/Whenever® service and W Insider with the scoop and access on the city’s top spots and hidden gems, W Dubai is the pulse of next generation fashion, music and design.
60& of Time Spent
• Assist Assistant Director in the operation of Style Department.
• Supervise and control all Style operations. Assist assign and supervise the supervisor in their work and assistant if required.
• Responsible for the Style Department in the absence of the Assistant Director of Style.
• Train, motivate and evaluate talent
• Responsible for the overall cleanliness of the hotel, check all areas regularly.
• Ensure all work is done according to the department’s procedure and ensure the hotel’s regulations are being followed.
• Inspect WHO rooms.
• Handle any guest complains and reports them to the Assistant Director of Style.
• Ensure all reporting and servicing deadlines are met on a timely basis.
25% of Time Spent
• Co-operate with the Welcome on room discrepancies to ensure accurate room status at the time.
• Coordinate work operations within the department.
• Develop performance standards for operations in the department.
• Assess work operations and prepare plans to implement change when required
• Monitor productivity of the department
• Take appropriate action to resolve guest complaints.
• Work closely with Inventory Style Talent Coach to ensure yearly budget are met
• Adhere to hotel’s security and emergency policies and procedure.
15% of Time Spent
• Prevent and resolve grievances.
• Resolve disputes.
• Determine and plan for future staffing needs. Recruit talent with Human Recourses Department.
• Prepare staff rosters to meet business demands.
• Implement staff performance appraisals.
• Carry out other tasks as directed by your supervisor.
• Actively promote a work environment, which cares for guests and talents alike
Education College/University Degree preferred
Experience Prior Style experience preferred
Working with others
W Look: appear confident, well-groomed and dressed in a smart casual manner
W Personality: warm, welcoming, smiling and pleasant
Never say no attitude
Exceed customer expectations
Communicate with others
Demonstrate team spirit and cooperation
Act with professionalism & integrity
Verbal and listening skills
Taking responsibility Take ownership
Learn, develop and adapt to change
Attend to detail