Front Desk Agent
Full job details
Check-in/check-out hotel guests courteously and efficiently; process all payments according to established hotel requirements. Provide information and assistance to all guests and visitors.
· Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies, service procedures and standards.
· Ensure that standards are maintained at a superior level on a daily basis.
· Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment. Use equipment only as intended.
· Anticipate guests’ needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
· Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
· Resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction.
· Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas.
· Maintain complete knowledge at all times of:
a. All hotel features/services, hours of operation.
b. All room types, numbers, layout, decor, appointments and location.
c. All room rates, special packages and promotions.
d. Daily house count and expected arrivals/departures.
e. Room availability status for any given day.
f. Scheduled daily group activities / VIP’s.
· Obtain assigned bank and ensure accuracy of contracted monies. Keep bank secure at all times.
· Meet with Supervisor to review daily assignments and priorities.
· Meet with departing Front Desk Agent to review business status and follow up items.
· Access all functions of computer system.
· Set up work station with necessary supplies.
· Answer department telephone within 3 rings, using correct greeting and telephone etiquette.
· Promote positive guest relations to all individuals approaching the Front Desk.
· Process all guest check-ins.
· Confirm reservation in system and review all noted information.
· For guests without a reservation, sell a room type agreed upon.
· Register guest in the computer.
· Verify reservation information with the guest (departure date, room type).
· Obtain back-up information for guest credit/payment method and input into system; collect cash when designated.
· Assign guest room
· Advice guest of any messages, mail, faxes, etc. received for them.
· Communicate services and amenities of the hotel to guests.
· Obtain proper identification for tax exempt guests and attach form to registration card.
· Direct Bell Person to escort guest and transport their luggage to the room.
· Maintain guest history files on all guests.
· Communicate VIP arrivals to designated personnel for escort and delivery of amenities.
· Set up accurate accounts for each guest checking in according to their requirements (i.e., sharewiths, separate room/tax/incidentals, comp).
· Handle overbooked or “walked” guests.
· Accommodate room changes.
· Document all guest requests, complaints or problems.
· Take record and relay messages accurately, completely and legibly.
· Accept and record wake-up call requests; deliver to PBX.
· Issue safe deposit boxes to guests and ensure security of keys.
· Distribute all guest and department mail.
· Monitor, send and distribute guest faxes.
· Document and confirm reservations and cancellations.
· Block rooms in computer and follow through on designated requirements.
· Pre-register designated guests and prepare key packets.
· Communicate pertinent guest information to designated departments/personnel (i.e., special requests, amenity delivery).
· Generate, print and distribute daily and weekly reports.
· Resolve discrepancies on the room status report with Housekeeping.
· Match the bucket check to in-house guest ledger report; report discrepancies to Manager.
· Process all check-outs.
· Resolve any late charges.
· Present folio to guest and resolve any disputed charges.
· Settle guest accounts.
· Retrieve guest room key from guest.
· Solicit guest comments on their stay.
· Process express check-outs.
· Handle requests for late check-outs.
· Conduct group check-ins/outs.
· Assist all departments/executives in obtaining appropriate information regarding groups, inventory and guest information.
· Adhere to all cashiering procedures:
a. Process adjustment vouchers, paid-outs, correction vouchers, miscellaneous charges.
b. Make change for guests.
c. Cash guests' personal checks/travelers checks.
d. Post charges.
e. Run closing reports.
f. Count and secure bank.
g. Complete designated cashier reports.
h. Balance receipts.
i. Drop receipts.
· Document pertinent information in the log book/ Lotus Notes/Front Desk Checklist.
· All other duties as required.
· Experience: Previous experience as a Front Desk Agent.
· Education: High school diploma.
· General Skills: Must be able to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy;
prioritize, organize and follow-up; be a clear thinker, remaining calm and resolving problems using good judgment; follow directions thoroughly; understand a guest’s service needs; work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team; work with minimal supervision; maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent hotel data.
· Technical Skills: Ability to input and access information in the property management
· Language: Required to speak, read and write English, with fluency in other languages preferred.
· Physical Requirements: Must be able to exert physical effort in transporting _____ pounds, endure various
physical movements throughout the work areas, reach up and down, remain stationary at times throughout work periods, and satisfactorily communicate with guests and co-workers to their understanding.
· Licenses & Certifications: None required.