Director of Catering Sales - Kuwait
Manage and supervise the Events team in such a way that company standards are achieved and maintained. Responsible for successful event follow-through with the Event & Banquet Managers
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience as a director of catering sales. Or 3-5 years’ experience within catering sales department, out of which 1 year as the assistant director of catering sales. All experience must be in a multinational 5 stars hotel company.
- Sound business ethic, and proven track record in Sales and Business Development
- Well-developed social skills with a track record of successful client interactions.
- Strong financial acumen.
- Strong leadership skills, adaptability and high level of creativity
- Excellent reading, writing & oral proficiency in the English Language.
- Arabic language is a big asset but not a must
- Coaching and People Development Skills.
- Solid organizational skills, with ability to multitask, and excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work long and irregular hours, weekends, and evenings.
- Able to negotiate, organize, delegate & work under pressure
- Basic knowledge of audio-visual equipment, telecommunication technology – helpful.
- Knowledge of Delphi Sales and Catering Software or similar system.
- Computer literacy to include MS Word, Excel, and ability to use e-mail and Internet.
Four Seasons Hotel Kuwait at Burj Alshaya is looking for a seasoned Director of Catering Sales who share a passion for excellence and who infuse enthusiasm into everything they do. The right candidate will poses high skills to handle an opening with seven function rooms and more than 3,000 square meters of function space. Additionally, a multi-million dollars outside catering business.
This position reports to the Director of Marketing (Sales & Marketing Division)
Hotel will obtain Work authorization.
Our property features 284 rooms and suites, more than 3,000 square meters of function space – most with natural daylight, all grouped on the ground and first level for privacy and security. Our guests can choose between the sleek ballroom, seating up to 900, or the ground floor room that may fit up to 400 persons.
The hotel is home to five F&B outlets. Additionally, the hotel feature an outdoor and indoor swimming pools within state of the art Spa and fitness center.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Set stretching goals for the team, in conjunction with the Director of Marketing and lead them to achieve and exceed financial goals with a review of these on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Communicate on a regular basis with the Event Managers to review the department, functions, staff, goals and objectives, etc.
- Develop and motivate the employees, maintaining a high level of communication.
- Develop and promote creativity and to introduce innovations throughout the department, to differentiate from the competition, motivate staff, encourage new business and help up-selling.
- Maintain a good relationship with counterparts in other competitive establishments and to be able to report competitive analysis as required.
- Conduct and participate in weekly Sales and forecast meetings as well as attend all required meetings.
- Establish all office procedures and monitor their effectiveness. To allocate duties and delegate work within the department, continuously monitoring the process and ensuring that all work is kept up-to-date.
- Develop creative Banquet/Event menus and appropriate pricing structures, based on local competitive analysis.
- Conduct weekly meetings with support departments to review all events for the upcoming week, i.e. Stewarding, Banquet service, etc.
- Keep management and Public Relations informed on all the functions booked at the hotel, as well as any known personalities or security-sensitive functions..
- Maintain the Banquet area, in conjunction with the Event Managers and Banquet Service Managers.
- Co-ordinate details of daily events with the culinary team, the Banquet operation team and Banquet Service Managers.
- Oversee the execution of events to ensure high standards of food, beverage and service delivery.
- Respond properly in any hotel emergency or safety situation.
- Ensure a very high standard of cleanliness throughout all areas of responsibility, including all of the pertinent equipment.
- Ensure maximum Marketing and Sales efforts for Events are achieved and to co-ordinate these efforts with the Director of Marketing.
- Drive proactive sales efforts in social and non-residential events against targets.
- Finalize bookings in writing, maximizing all revenue potential by up-selling in all revenue producing areas.
- Secure deposits and maintain established credit policies.
- Monitor all departmental weekly expenses, i.e. payroll, utility and food and beverage costs, etc.
- Prepare a weekly ‘definite’ booking report at the conclusion of each week and weekly and monthly pace reports. To ensure other reports such as turn away reports, Delphi are maintained accurately.
- Maintain a thorough concept of food cost and menu planning.
- Prepare weekly and monthly forecasts and the annual budget for labour, revenue and costs. Present weekly to the Director of Food & Beverage for approval.
- Secure and control all stocks issued to the Events Department and to supervise and control departmental billing and control procedures, ensuring that clients are accurately and honestly charged for the services they receive.
- Order and sign for services and expenditure required within the Events Department.
- Assist with all inquiries within the sales, marketing and Events department, including assistance with high telephone volume and walk-in site inspections.
- Maintain an active and visible role in the local business and social community to generate new business, recruit future employees and managers, and support the public relations efforts of the hotel.
- To carry out any other duties or projects as directed by the Director of Marketing.
- To maintain quality goals, specifically by appropriate and persistent follow-up on:
- Attention to detail
- In-house managers' observations/reports
- Guest comments
- LQA reports
5.Act as the liaison for all vendor/supplier related client needs, (i.e. Audio Visual, Florists, Entertainment, Transportation, DMC, Off-site Locations etc).
6.Periodically host and ensure maximum effectiveness of Banquet Event Order Meetings, and Resume meetings.