Bell Captain - W
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. is one of the leading hotel and leisure companies in the world with more than 1,270 properties in some 100 countries and over 180,000 employees at its owned and managed properties. Starwood is a fully integrated owner, operator and franchisor of hotels, resorts and residences under the renowned brands: St. Regis®, The Luxury Collection®, W®, Westin®, Le Méridien®, Sheraton®, Tribute Portfolio™, Four Points® by Sheraton, Aloft®, Element®, along with an expanded partnership with Design Hotels™. The Company also boasts one of the industry’s leading loyalty programs, Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG®).
W Dubai - Sheikh Zayed Road
Turn up the heat at W Dubai - Al Habtoor City, where style visionaries and cultural connoisseurs converge to redefine what’s new on the global stage. Part of the booming metropolis’ largest integrated urban resort, 33 floors of ever-evolving creative energy soar above bustling Sheikh Zayed Road and the new Dubai Water Canal.
Revel in level upon level of sensational elements, whether the 356 guestrooms and suites transforming sweet dreams into reality, epicurean pleasures, or sophisticated socializing. For momentous occasions, more than 1,000 square meters of function space can be configured to project maximum impact. But first, zoom up to the Welcome Desk on the 30th floor, where you’ll check in to panoramic views of shimmering skyline.
With our signature Whatever/Whenever® service and W Insider with the scoop and access on the city’s top spots and hidden gems, W Dubai is the pulse of next generation fashion, music and design.
Rooms/Welcome Office/Welcome Whatever/Whenever
50% of Time Spent
• Oversees the operation of the hotels living room (ground and top floor), the drive way and its talents (including possible outside companies).
• Schedules talent per the business needs, whilst controlling labour costs and minimizing overtime payment.
• HID’s are reviewed and adapted on a regular basis.
• Trains and maintains the talents performance according to the goals set by the hotel.
30% of Time Spent
• Assists his teams in handling guest requests in a friendly and efficient manner such as calling a taxi or giving directions, recommending bars or restaurants starting with the hotels’ products.
• Makes sure, deliveries will be logged into the relevant tracking systems.
• Refers requests to relevant talent if needed to ensure our guests the most enjoyable experience.
• Keeps abreast on hotel’s products and services as well as on tourist and business travelling information that may be of any interest to our guests.
20% of Time Spent
• Is aware of all relevant information pertaining to the check-in process on a regular basis.
• When necessary, actively contribute to the successful operation of the department by labelling, handling, and/or storing guest luggage, delivering guest items on request, checking the luggage store for arrivals due in to ensure any luggage that is stored, there is an appropriate alert in the system.
Experience One year in similar position in a 5 star hotel preferred
Working with others W Look: appear confident, well-groomed and dressed in a smart casual manner
W Personality: warm, welcoming, smiling and pleasant
Never say no attitude
Exceed customer expectations
Communicate with others
Demonstrate team spirit and cooperation
Act with professionalism & integrity
Verbal and listening skills
Taking responsibility Take ownership
Learn, develop and adapt to change
Attend to detail